FRA-GER

Dimmu

Think France shouldn't be too disappointed....

Think they will be a big force on their own patch for euro 2016

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think France shouldn't be too disappointed....

Think they will be a big force on their own patch for euro 2016

France have had an excellent World Cup up until this game yet they never laid a finger on Germany.

The Germans weren't even anything special, and If I was French I'd be gutted to have lost to a simple set-piece like that and a failure to attack them.

For so long it just felt like a friendly match, and I bet Joachin Low will be absolutely delighted with the fact they've breezed through to the semi-finals without having to work particularly hard.

I'm so disappointed in the French, I think they were so laboured and a lot of their players will be walking off that field now thinking they've not given their all. They didn't do anything all game, they never ran, they never got it wide, they never threw bodies in the box, they never crossed the ball and they never attempted any long shots.

Neuer won't have an easier or less busy game all tournament. Even Portugal despite losing 4-0 gave the Germans more problems at the back.

France have had an excellent World Cup up until this game yet they never laid a finger on Germany.

The Germans weren't even anything special, and If I was French I'd be gutted to have lost to a simple set-piece like that and a failure to attack them.

For so long it just felt like a friendly match, and I bet Joachin Low will be absolutely delighted with the fact they've breezed through to the semi-finals without having to work particularly hard.

I'm so disappointed in the French, I think they were so laboured and a lot of their players will be walking off that field now thinking they've not given their all. They didn't do anything all game, they never ran, they never got it wide, they never threw bodies in the box, they never crossed the ball and they never attempted any long shots.

Neuer won't have an easier or less busy game all tournament. Even Portugal despite losing 4-0 gave the Germans more problems at the back.

Agree with all that to be honest....

Way I'm thinking is I think they will learn from this and will do well on the euros

France have really not been that good in the tournament-they have played precisely no one...

Switzerland rolled over and let them tickle their bellies.

Honduras were crap.

Equador was a dull 0-0 probably worst game in the tournament.....

Nigeria were very average scrapping through the group stage (didn't they draw with Iran?)

And then they played the Germans....

As soon as they had to play anyone they were always going to go out.

Agree with all that to be honest....

Way I'm thinking is I think they will learn from this and will do well on the euros

Yep, their FA will play a big part in that though, as they won't have a competitive game for two years being the host nation.

They really need to pick the right friendlies and not a bunch of no-hopers that they'll roll over easily. Building up to the World Cup I wasn't impressed with France's fixtures - they played Norway, Jamaica and a poor Paraguay side. They should have played against someone more challenging.

Mexico for instance played against Bosnia, Portugal and Ecuador - three teams at the WC so practice was worthwhile.

France just had an easy 8-0 runout against Jamaica and a 4-0 win over Norway which does nothing in preparation for teams like Germany

Yep, their FA will play a big part in that though, as they won't have a competitive game for two years being the host nation.

They really need to pick the right friendlies and not a bunch of no-hopers that they'll roll over easily. Building up to the World Cup I wasn't impressed with France's fixtures - they played Norway, Jamaica and a poor Paraguay side. They should have played against someone more challenging.

Mexico for instance played against Bosnia, Portugal and Ecuador - three teams at the WC so practice was worthwhile.

France just had an easy 8-0 runout against Jamaica and a 4-0 win over Norway which does nothing in preparation for teams like Germany

Agreed with that.... Think they will play some eastern block countries.... Also think they might play us lot on their own patch at some point.

Going to be a weird old tournament next time 24 teams.... Some countries will get a second round match that you think would never get there.

Going to be interesting....

France have been put in a group for the Euro's so they wont need to arrange friendlies because they have a whole group of them.

Just that their results don't count for anything.

Personally think it is one of the smartest new rule changes they have done (after the amazing foam (or as Phil Neville called it the imaginary foam)  of course which is the total highlight of the entire World Cup)

Agreed with that.... Think they will play some eastern block countries.... Also think they might play us lot on their own patch at some point.

Going to be a weird old tournament next time 24 teams.... Some countries will get a second round match that you think would never get there.

Going to be interesting....

I'm looking forward to it. Take out the Europeans at the WC in France, Germany, England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Croatia, Bosnia, Switzerland and Greece and there are another 11 teams to fill.

Chance for the likes of Czech Republic, Turkey, Denmark, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Montenegro to make it who all have at least one or two top players.

Even Ireland and Wales might have a pop. Scotland I doubt, but you never know!

France have been put in a group for the Euro's so they wont need to arrange friendlies because they have a whole group of them.

Just that their results don't count for anything.

Personally think it is one of the smartest new rule changes they have done (after the amazing foam (or as Phil Neville called it the imaginary foam)  of course which is the total highlight of the entire World Cup)

Ah yes I heard somethign about that. A very good idea indeed.

Haha, the magic foam which has been around in South America for as long as I can remember. Surely the roles should be reversed on this one? Usually the Europeans are the smart ones who come up with basic ideas like this one first.

I'm looking forward to it. Take out the Europeans at the WC in France, Germany, England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Croatia, Bosnia, Switzerland and Greece and there are another 11 teams to fill.

Chance for the likes of Czech Republic, Turkey, Denmark, Poland, Ukraine, Sweden, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Montenegro to make it who all have at least one or two top players.

Even Ireland and Wales might have a pop. Scotland I doubt, but you never know!

Also think you will get the likes of Finland, Iceland and maybe Isreal in there

Archived