Centre Half required?????

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many have seen, I'm not a fan of our centrebacks. But I do think there's better use for money atm.

They work well together, at least good enough to get us promoted. So I would chance both or neither, at this moment neither.

Happy with Whitbread, who IMO looks better than Keogh or Bucko but lacks games. O'Brien should make massive improvement if he was even considered to be good enough to play in Championship.

Barker's injury is too close to mine, so I'm expecting him not to come back.

And if we lose one of our CB's to injury, there's one to come from the bench and if it's too bad, we'll get some loan in.

Overall, I think we're fine at with our CB department.

I would be very disappointed if we didn't buy a new centre-half. nobody knows what Barker will be like when he eventually does come back whenever that might be, imagine if Bucko or Keogh got bad injury we would be struggling, don't have a lot of faith in Whitbread.

I honestly dont see what is the concern with our CB's we have 2 good championship CB's with Whitbread as back up who is only lacking in game time imo. OB who is a decent reserve and Barker who I wish can play some part this season.

Its other areas of the field like RB, CDM, WInger, backup ST that we need to look at first before we think about spending money on yet another CB.

Dont need a winger we have 3 quality plus Bennett who we hope will be a revelation this season (hope)

I would take the likes of say Jordan Ibe any day. Also Dawkins, Ward and Russell dont have the best of injury records. Bennett is still only young and I agree should get more game time but getting premier league clubs young player on loan won us plenty of points last season.

Again for me far more pressing positions than out wide. Agree on injury prone but we still have 3 in to 2 plus Bennett as back up.

I agree its always nice to have some excellent options though. RB, CDM and back ST are probably of more importance though than a Winger as well as a CB.

Archived