Tivo?

ketteringram

Just wondered is anyone on here with Virgin Media? I am, and as part of their constant barrage of post and emails to 'upgrade', they are always pushing the Tivo box. As the moment, I just have a normal HD box. Generally, I like any techie stuff, so started to read reviews and stuff about this Tivo box. Loads of the reviews are awful, so now I'm not sure it would be an upgrade at all. Seems it would just be a headache! 

I can't imagine that I would ever feel the need to record anything anyway. Not sure why anyone records stuff with so much catch up available. The catch up thing, is something that Mrs KR uses now. The reviews of the Tivo, say that this is much more complicated. So therefore would be a step backwards. Any thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to getting my hands on my new Tivo on Saturday (after moving house this Friday).

I hate the last software update by SKY. It just made it much harder to navigate and pressing sodding backup about a dozen times to get back to the programme you were watching.

Just wondered is anyone on here with Virgin Media? I am, and as part of their constant barrage of post and emails to 'upgrade', they are always pushing the Tivo box. As the moment, I just have a normal HD box. Generally, I like any techie stuff, so started to read reviews and stuff about this Tivo box. Loads of the reviews are awful, so now I'm not sure it would be an upgrade at all. Seems it would just be a headache! 

I can't imagine that I would ever feel the need to record anything anyway. Not sure why anyone records stuff with so much catch up available. The catch up thing, is something that Mrs KR uses now. The reviews of the Tivo, say that this is much more complicated. So therefore would be a step backwards. Any thoughts?

I record every Derby match - then delete the ones where we lose.

Archived