Norwich ,Fulham,Cardiff and Wolves will make it a tougher Championship campaign

Curtains

I don't understand the need for very strong backups. Why get in a very strong backup for LB and CB?

We have 3 players who were more or less ever presents last season.

You could keep Naylor, who can do a job for another year until Lowe can slot in as a viable backup.

We have Barker and O'Brien on the books, who should be given as long as possible to fill the backup position. If they fail to gain fitness, bring in a loan a la Keane/Whitbread.

Eustace won't need to play too many games next season and even less 90 mins.

We do need a DM and a RB as a minimum and probably another winger/forward. After that, we only need to replace future outgoings.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me the Championship will be tough and needs to be treated that way.

Those saying anything other will have egg on their faces.

The teams coming down and coming up are better than last seasons.

Not saying Derby will walk it. Just that the opportunity is there.

I disagree on the 3up and 3 down. Wigan played an FA Cup final, have some fantastic players and played in Europe. They were strong but chose a manager that couldn't be less suited to what they had. QPR could field 2 decent but not spectacular starting 11.

Cardiff never looked equipped.

Norwich been hanging on for life.

Both have managers still developing.

At the start of last season there were Leicester and Forest who were spending decent money and had managers that had made those teams a force in previous years. Both gone now. One team gone entirely and the other has Stuart Pearce and a lot of uncertainties.

I don't see why the promoted teams are any better equipped than say Bournemouth who have a system and a manager that's settled. Bournemouth have held their own. They've looked like a quality team for a while and I don't think any L1 side is that good. Charlton were a strong L1 side that played good football. I don't think any L1 side will mount much of a play off push. I think Bournemouth are about the level any of then can dream of.

If Derby reproduce last seasons performances and have luck with injuries then we'll do well. Certainly a favourite for top 6. Brighton too have everything set up to go again. Cardiff and Norwich will probably have enough about them to claim a top 6 spot. Fulham seem to have lost their way entirely. They barely cared about survival by the end.

If we don't perform to our best then we aren't going to walk it to the a top 6 place. Nobody will because no team has so much quality they can stroll through the season in 1st gear.

Don't think Derby failing will leave us with egg on faces. We know that Blackburn and Boro started to look more up to speed. Of course there will be challengers. But we have the advantage now. We know what we need to repeat.

The league doesn't change massively from season to season. But Cardiff and Fulham and Norwich look more unprepared than Leicester, QPR and Reading/Wigan appeared to be. Two of them look really disorganised

Alpha I honestly think Cardiff will be strong with the former Man U man Ole gunnar as manager and they have good players .

Norwich always are strong in the Championship they are just that type of club .

Fulham have quality players and Wolves are on the up.

We missed a big chance at Wembley and are weaker for it . i.e. loanees going back.

We could have a hangover from Wembley also.

Teams like Wigan , Blackburn and Forest will be stronger.

Pearce will be good for Forest I'm almost sure

No it's tough.

PS I hope your right but Derbys team is nowhere near automatic without spending and keeping if you know what I mean.

Archived