D-Day Remembered.

ladyram

I believe you're a teacher, do you think today's kids would do the same?

Popular opinion says not, but I'm not so sure. I think the young today feel just as passionately about injustice and intolerance as the veterans on the news today, they just lack a cause to fight for, thank god.

Btw, as a 38yr old, feel so old typing that!

I think some would and some wouldn't. All the kids I have spoke to about d-day this week have surprised me (in a good way)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking (or trying to) talk to some of yr 8 pupils today at work, a few of them had no clue what I was on about when I mentioned D - Day. I gave them a quick education but don't think it registered. Sad really.

Absolutely agree with everything that has been said about these magnificent men and women. The television pictures of events throughout the day have been very moving 

Watching the tv coverage though the one thing that really winds me up is how Prince Charles, a man who has never done anything worthy of note, can have the brass neck to walk amongst these fine people whilst wearing a huge row of 'medals' on his chest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdsKz_0JcQk

PistoldPete2

Have these men ever been truly thanked for what they did? Their actions live on in everything we do and everything we can do. We should all remember that.

Well the Queen , Presidents Obama, Putin, Hollande and so on all there plus assorted dignatories were all there to say thank you. But of all the assembled guests , none were more important than the heroes themselves. As Obama said, he felt humbled in their presence. 

A 92 year old veteran had his medals pinched in a distraction burglary at his house on the 6th.

Robbing, thieving, cowardly, scummy *******.

Well the Queen , Presidents Obama, Putin, Hollande and so on all there plus assorted dignatories were all there to say thank you. But of all the assembled guests , none were more important than the heroes themselves. As Obama said, he felt humbled in their presence. 

Nicely timed post....

A 92 year old veteran had his medals pinched in a distraction burglary at his house on the 6th.

Robbing, thieving, cowardly, scummy *******.

That has made me feel so incredibly sad. I truly despair over the future of our society.

Archived