rotherham ram

sheepyderf

Originally posted by David;25758

So you honestly believe people who listen to match commentary and watch the highlights instead of going to the match can't have a valid opinion?

Im just saying that a person who has watched the whole match, in's and out. Never mind just the highlights. Can assess it properly, rather than getting a second hand assessment from other sources that cam be biased one way or another.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your opinion Mattyboy, fans who go to the match may see little things that the commentators don't pick up on and off the ball play, but I still get to hear what goes on in the game then watch the highlights on RamsWorld. I feel I can hold a decent convasation about the game.

Just being there doesnt guarentee you see everything, have you seen all the YouTube videos of games? they are only there as kids sit through the whole game holding the mobile phone out in a competition trying to get a decent video so they can run home and upload it and stick it on a forum to gain kudos.

You also get fans who are pissed and too busy occupied with baiting the away fans that they don't actually watch the game, ask them afterwards what did they think about the second goal "eh yeah it was good wasn't".

Yes, if you based your opinion on just watching Match of the Day when we were last in the Prem, then you would have thought we were *****.

Plus some of the biggest fans in the land only ever go to the big games or watch the results on teletext.

Not saying you cant hold a decent conversation about it. But mostly its second hand opinions. Someone commentating tells you about whats happening you take it as gospel "well the radio said" etc etc.

Highlights fair enough, but i just cant think you can make a whole impression of a player without seeing him, pass by pass and tackle by tackle, shot by shot.

Just saying i would find it difficult to go just by other peoples views of it.

I listen to the commentary and get a decent view of the game, I then watch the extended highlights on Ramsworld so I get to see the defensive cock ups, goal build ups and other key moments in the game. Off the ball movement throughout the 90 minutes no, I couldn't tell you if savage was sat on his arse when he didnt have the ball or Connolly was to busy picking his nose.

Archived