Derby to hijack Kisnorbo ?

vicky-27

Derby County will hijack Crystal Palace’s move for central-defender Patrick Kisnorbo – just in case their move for Shaun Barker ends in failure.

We exclusively revealed on [url=http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/]www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk last night that the stopper, who was released by Leicester at the end of last season, is training with the club with a view to a permanent deal.

Neil Warnock is keen to add competition to the club’s current first-choice pairing of Jose Fonte and Paddy McCarthy – and will run the rule over the Australia international in the pre-season friendly against Borehamwood tonight.

The Palace boss told the Advertiser: “Kisnorbo is training with us.

“We will have to act quickly if we want him because there are a couple of other clubs who are interested. He is a smashing lad.â€Â

http://iad.anm.co.uk/house/1x1

But Nigel Clough is also keen on the Aussie and may try to clinch a move for him during Palace’s pre-season tour of the USA next week.

The former Burton manager has already had two bids for Blackpool defender Shaun Barker rejected and the Advertiser has learned that the Rams are looking at Kisnorbo just in case their attempts to bag the Tangerines man end in failure.

Kisnorbo is expected to play some part in County’s friendly against Burton on Saturday – and if he impresses Clough could find himself in pole position to nab the free-agent with Palace training across the Atlantic.

Clough is desperate to breathe new life into this back-four this summer – Palace target Claude Davis has been told he can leave Pride Park, while the futures of Martin Albrechtsen and Jordan Stewart are in the balance.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not really interested, Cloughie has realised fans are starting to cotton on that he's a racist. So the FA doesn't step in to see what the crack is he's leaking info that we're interested in a foreigner to end all the speculation. We won't sign Kisnorbo and I'm glad, Leicester fans are glad to see the back of him and I don't fancy having a Leicester reject in the squad we'd never live it down.

Give Clougie a ring and tell him to pull his finger out, Blackpool have told us the X they want for him, if we want him give them the X they want how hard is it.

Forest had defensive targets, Jones, Mills and Barker. Jones has gone to Ssausagehorpe, Wolves had a offer of £3.5m for Mills rejected so I would imagine Forest would be out of the hunt now, which leaves them with only Barker left. I don't want to see us gazumped by Forest and end up with a Leicester reject.

After last weeks reports I had my hopes up the deal would be sealed this week and he would be wearing a Derby shirt on Saturday against Burton.

Derby County are to run the rule over ex Leicester City defender Patrick Kisnorbo. The 28 year-old defender is currently traing with Crystal Palace and is thought to be taking part in a friendly game this evening (Thursday 9th July) against Borehamwood.

Palace will be leaving on a Pre-season tour following the game and Patrick will be coming to Derby for the pre-season game against Burton Albion on Saturday afternoon 3.00

The Rams are looking to bring on Kisnorbo for the second half of the game if he makes it unscathed in tonights game.

Kisnorbo, an Australian International is thought to be wanted by Crystal Palace but he could be tempted back to the East Midlands if Derby are interested in offering him a contract following the friendly game this weekend...

You might have to live it down David !

he looked alright to me.

He sat in the stands next to me for most of the second half. I asked if he was signing and he smiled a bit and said "I don't know" he's very very shy:D

Archived