George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Dignity? You mean like Derby have been with blatant tapping up in the press? "We have his number" You call that dignified?

Tapping up in the press? George Thorne quite clearly made the point of saying he hated the way he was treated at west Brom and wants to be at derby, the following stories were done by journalists expending on the comments.. So what have done wrong in this other than wanting to sign a player..

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson stated 'we have his number' to curb the impatience of our brethren clamouring for a signature. Of course we have his number he played for us for 5 months. How is that tapping up?! Grasping at straws to make us look bad is just now making you seem more so desperate. So I ask again, any dignity?

Sad isn't it how I came on here to give you an honest opinion that you wont be signing Thorne and yet some have a go at WBA.   

It was a straight loan, no option to buy. Get over it, he isn't your player.

Sad isn't it how I came on here to give you an honest opinion that you wont be signing Thorne and yet some have a go at WBA.   

It was a straight loan, no option to buy. Get over it, he isn't your player.

Think you really came to gloat ;)

In all honesty I think you're alright. But entering a DCFC forum spouting speculation on what you think will happen was always gonna get you grief. Bad move. Another one. As unless you just have returned from Sep 2014 with confirmed news of how it turned out I can't take you seriously.Plus you really need to get some dignity. Come down Ipro we got loads :)

I think all you keyboard warriors need to calm down.

If a price can be agreed, great for us, great for George Thorne and great for WBA.

if WBA decide he has a future with them, great for them and great for George Thorne.

If WBA decide not to sell on principle, good for them. Bad for us and crap for George Thorne. But I can't argue with any club sticking to their guns and stopping a player from forcing their hand.

Everyone has a price. If Derby think they can get as good elsewhere for the same or less money as WBA will accept, he'll not come. Otherwise he will.

Stop getting wound up about it everyone.

Think you really came to gloat ;)

No, not at all. I came to give you my honest opinion based on the statement the club released yesterday.  

Due to the players we released and went back on loan to their parent clubs, we have about 8 to 9 players to bring in this Summer, why would we want to add another 1 to that list? 

Another reason we wont sell him is that we do not have to include him in the 25 man squad due to his age.

My opinion is that you will make further bids and we will continue to release statements that he is not for sale. 

Not sure why people seem to think we're rejecting offers to punish Thorne for his comments. The only offer Derby have submitted has been a terrible one, we're not going to roll over and accept anything because of an interview. 

If Thorne's sold it will be for the price JP wants, if Derby don't meet it i'm sure there will be other teams that will, if not he will be given a chance back at West Brom, just like Odemwingie/Koumas were. 

No, not at all. I came to give you my honest opinion based on the statement the club released yesterday.  

Due to the players we released and went back on loan to their parent clubs, we have about 8 to 9 players to bring in this Summer, why would we want to add another 1 to that list? 

Another reason we wont sell him is that we do not have to include him in the 25 man squad due to his age.

My opinion is that you will make further bids and we will continue to release statements that he is not for sale. 

I am in the yes I would like Thorne, but if we do not get him move on group .

Played very well for us, but he is not a one off, just hope the kid plays, somewhere.

Not sure why people seem to think we're rejecting offers to punish Thorne for his comments. The only offer Derby have submitted has been a terrible one, we're not going to roll over and accept anything because of an interview. 

If Thorne's sold it will be for the price JP wants, if Derby don't meet it i'm sure there will be other teams that will, if not he will be given a chance back at West Brom, just like Odemwingie/Koumas were. 

This is probably due to a number of your fans (not you) crowing about how your chairman won't be pushed around and would rot him in the reserves to prove a point if necessary  :rolleyes:

Don't take it too personally... Most comments on this forum are met with derision and sneer whoever they're from!

Apart from mine... everyone respects mine... but that's cos I'm Batman...

I think you're wrong on that as he will turn 22 this season... Think it's just player who are going to stay under 21 that don't have to be registered... could be wrong though...

The only offer Derby have submitted has been a terrible one

If Thorne's sold it will be for the price JP wants 

100% agree... I think you'll sell when we get to around the £3m mark...

It's not the rejecting offers to punish Thorne which annoyed me, it's the making it public, like you want to show the world how big your balls are. The offer if the rumours are true was a starting offer most obviously, so why not just reject it back to Derby, why make it public? The impression I got was that the statement was to embarrass us for having the nerve to place a bid, and send George Thorne a message that you're standing your ground. Based on the lads own statement on his thoughts on you, all you are likely to have done by making that statement is turned him against you even more. Time will tell I guess. 

Don't take it too personally... Most comments on this forum are met with derision and sneer whoever they're from!

Apart from mine... everyone respects mine... but that's cos I'm Batman...

I think you're wrong on that as he will turn 22 this season... Think it's just player who are going to stay under 21 that don't have to be registered... could be wrong though...

100% agree... I think you'll sell when we get to around the £3m mark...

He just misses the deadline (born on or after 1st Jan 1993 is the cut off date for next season and he was born 4th Jan 1993)

WBA lads... Honest answer here... Do you really think Thorne has any chance of starting next season for you? Or being higher in the pecking order than say 5th?

If not, don't you think a player who is turning 22 this season may be well within his rights to seek first team football elsewhere?

I  can think of several derby players who I would not begrudge leaving because they aren't first choice.... even though I would love to keep them as back-up.

It's not the rejecting offers to punish Thorne which annoyed me, it's the making it public, like you want to show the world how big your balls are. The offer if the rumours are true was a starting offer most obviously, so why not just reject it back to Derby, why make it public? The impression I got was that the statement was to embarrass us for having the nerve to place a bid, and send George Thorne a message that you're standing your ground. Based on the lads own statement on his thoughts on you, all you are likely to have done by making that statement is turned him against you even more. Time will tell I guess. 

As I posted above with the Dorrans example), this is an attempt to stop clubs, including yourselves for making continual bids that we don't want.

WBA lads... Honest answer here... Do you really think Thorne has any chance of starting next season for you? Or being higher in the pecking order than say 5th?

If not, don't you think a player who is turning 22 this season may be well within his rights to seek first team football elsewhere?

I  can think of several derby players who I would not begrudge leaving because they aren't first choice.... even though I would love to keep them as back-up.

If I were in charge he would be starting along side Mulumbu next season for the first 6/7 games and see how he does. We had a terrible season last year and he definitely wouldn't be 5th choice for most WBA fans. 

Archived