George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could only see this happening with a transfer request from Thorne now, can't see the WBA board wanting to look spineless after putting this on their official website and we know how the Baggies fans bang on about their 'ruthless' owner.

I don't think we can determine anything from this opening salvo other than the fact that WBA aren't going to sell a promising young player with 3 + years on his contract "on the cheap" - i.e. something we all knew anyway.

We were always going to make a lowish opening offer and they were always going to say no pretty much where ever we started. It is just the way that the dance is danced.

I find their line that none of their players are for sale and that they are looking to strengthen interesting and  slightly ridiculous  In truth surely many of their players are for sale it is just that as a "rich" premiership team they dont have to have their hand forced - rather it depends what price they are offered and who they have coming in.

So the fun and games begin.... 

Are West Brom going to be true to their word and not sell him or are they holding out for a bigger fee?? At least something is happening.

If they are unwilling to sell how long do we wait before moving on to the next target

I am be pretty confident that the club/management have already identified someone else...

So the fun and games begin.... 

Are West Brom going to be true to their word and not sell him or are they holding out for a bigger fee?? At least something is happening.

If they are unwilling to sell how long do we wait before moving on to the next target

I am be pretty confident that the club/management have already identified someone else...

We already have at least one replacement at the club, remember our form was not so dusty with Eustace playing .

Archived