George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unfortunately agree... today or tomoz absolute latest as he will surely need to be on the plane on sunday.... either to usa or austria... hope its the latter

Just had a look to see how long WBA is in America for and it's only 11 days.. It seems that we've sort of been given a ultimatum, sign him by this week or he's our player this season.. To me that's how it comes off.. They wouldn't send Thorne out to California with just 3-4 days left on there tour would they? It's either today, or Saturday.. But I highly doubt Saturday.

I'm not "ITK" or anything.. It just seems like common knowledge.. Irvine said "if no deal is agreed he'll be flown out to join the team" with it only being a 11 day tour that must been there's been some sort of arrangement before some deadline to agree terms.

I think it'll just come out the blue. There will be no Owen Bradley or Steve Nicholson telling us it's done and it will be announced later. It'll just be chucked on the website.

couldn't agree more, it'll be the same as Cyrus, derby official will post a picture of Thorne holding up a derby shirt next to Mac or something

The difference being of course we didn't need to sign 7 players. Were adding quality not quantity. George Thorne is probably a better player than any of those 7 anyway, IMO I think hel be the best midfielder in this league next season

Matej Vydra and the Ecuadorean full back are every bit as good if not better than George Thorne, In any case George Thorne hasn't even been signed.

Matej Vydra and the Ecuadorean full back are every bit as good if not better than George Thorne, In any case George Thorne hasn't even been signed.

Vydra is good but had a poor season at WBA and the Ecuadorean RB had been playing in the Ecuador league aged 27 - hardly the same caliber as GT, although I do think Watford will challenge this season

Archived