George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be an indication that West Brom don't think the deal is anywhere near though. Otherwise they would be concentrating on their own players rather than one of Derby's. They aren't taking all of their players because they are still playing friendlies over here as well. Wouldn't make sense to take Thorne rather than one of their other players if they expect Thorne to be leaving any time soon

No, they're taking their first team squad of which Thorne is still a part - for the moment at least. So why wouldn't they take him? Until

He becomes a Derby player he will be a West Brom player and won't be treated any differently to any other member of their first team squad. I don't see it as any kind of indication at all.

Then again I was up till all hours reading all this drivel and even pulled into a lay-by on the A42 to see if I'd missed owt. So maybe my judgment isn't that sound at the mo .

Mackworthram said Thorne wasn't going to America didn't he.

He didn't expect him to go to America was what he said. Just like he said he expects him to play in the friendly against Notts County. His only guarantee was that he'd be a DCFC player by the end of the week.

He didn't expect him to go to America was what he said. Just like he said he expects him to play in the friendly against Notts County. His only guarantee was that he'd be a DCFC player by the end of the week.

He said to all and sundry don't expect him to be on that plane to America.

That to me means he won't be according to Mackworthram.

Listening to some Albion fans you would think they loaned Thorne to Derby for nothing.ie it's as if they think they didn't get a loan fee!Post 14 is so annoying what have Derby County done wrong.AnswerDerby have done nothing wrong and it's a two way thing as regards finances as a loan helps both clubs.Plus McClaren has clearly made Thorne a better player with his coaching methods etchttp://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=550&fid=255&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110943811

So you saw him play for west brom in order to make a comparison that Mclaren made him a better player?

My personal take on it is that he was a guy who has/had some inside information, but is playing up to his reputation as an ITK guy. Milking it a little. You can tell by the way he hedges his bets with stuff like "I expect this" or "My source says that".

I know things change all the time, but he strikes me as half ITK and half educated guesswork.

At 1238 Mackworthram said he will sign this week.

He also said don't expect him to be on the plane to America tomorrow .

That's not hedging your bets it's putting it on the line.

Not looking for a debate but this is just the latest at the West Brom end. You have made two bids only and both have been dismissed as out of hand, no other bids have been made. The fee is the issue as we are willing to sell but on our terms, unfortunately our asking price and what you are willing to offer are miles apart.at the moment, If we lower our asking price or you massively up your bid this simply wont happen. West Brom regard him as a first team player now and expect to be compensated accordingly. It wont happen today for sure at anytime and I doubt it will happen at all unless you really stretch yourselves.

Archived