George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I'm I the only person getting totally p*ssed off with the people who come out and say 'No, time to move on, we're simply just not going to sign him, I'm going to go cry in my princess playhouse' EVERY SINGLE BLOODY TIME we hear any news about him, whether it be a rejected bid or he favourited a WBA fans tweet.

You're all a bunch of puffs, get a grip.

Puffter

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funniest posting on this thread. From let's move on to we will sign him in just 4 sentences!

Give this man a prize :D

I do think he will sign eventually, maybe not in this window but possibly January.

What's funny about that?

Am I the only person getting completely fed up with the people who come out and say 'No, time to move on, we're simply just not going to sign him, I'm going to go cry in my princess playhouse' EVERY SINGLE BLOODY TIME we hear any news about him, whether it be a rejected bid or he favourited a WBA fans tweet.

You're all a bunch of puffs, get a grip.

Bet you say that to all the boys

Because it's a fecking pigsty populated by boneheads?

Third time lucky, eh  :lol:

A lot less WBA fans coming on here talking about Peace, premier league football and the 'increase of strong language used in WBA article' after each bid.

I think because we have seen and heard this all before when players have said they want a transfer and put in a request and, strangely enough, they are still with us as the season commences and ends.  We have tried to explain to you the stance our club usually takes and you think that he will come to you if you up your offer.  It's what is called a stalemate.

So it seems Thorne will be meeting up with Alan Irvine in the next few days for a face to face meeting to discuss things.

Thorne wants first team football and to play week in week out and there's no way that Irvine can guarantee that.

I am hoping that once they have had this meeting, we should be able to move forward with this.

If we can get him for less than £3 million, then I think its an absolute steal.

The guy is pure class, and this will be a massive signing for us if we can pull it off.

I have every faith that by the time we play Matlock a week on Thursday, he will be a Derby player.

He has got to speak to the new manager before WBA will consider selling I suppose.

WBA were never just going to sell him before he had spoke to the new manager.

I just cant see how Alan Irvine can change his mind.

The only thing Irvine could say is, "Yes George, I want you to play every week and see you as an integral part of this team"

Thorne will be a Derby player within the next week.

WBA were never just going to sell him before he had spoke to the new manager.

I just cant see how Alan Irvine can change his mind.

The only thing Irvine could say is, "Yes George, I want you to play every week and see you as an integral part of this team"

Thorne will be a Derby player within the next week.

You guys really don't understand when no means no do you?

Again, the interesting thing here for me is that DCFC have still yet to make any comment on this to the media. All the stories about rejected bids, transfer requests etc are coming from the Albion end.

To me they're just hoping to attract more interest - you can't possibly believe that, having had a bid of under £1million rejected, it's taken us nearly 3 weeks to increase that offer? This is being sorted behind the scenes - have a sneaking feeling GT will be ours by the end of next week.

Again, the interesting thing here for me is that DCFC have still yet to make any comment on this to the media. All the stories about rejected bids, transfer requests etc are coming from the Albion end.To me they're just hoping to attract more interest - you can't possibly believe that, having had a bid of under £1million rejected, it's taken us nearly 3 weeks to increase that offer? This is being sorted behind the scenes - have a sneaking feeling GT will be ours by the end of next week.

Where's the evidence that news of the second rejected offer came from the west brom end?

It still annoys me that we go in with stupidly low bids then only go up little bits and drag things out!

But saying that Didn't we get Paul Coutts for something as low as 150k

Yes. What we have payed for players over the last 3/4 seasons has been very low. We have picked up nearly everyone for less than what they should have been sold for. Others for free. 

You guys really don't understand when no means no do you?

Can u explain the reason why you are on this thread? You initially claimed to be a derby fan, (which obv you aint) then have come ouy an proved your a wba fan? Why dont u get off our thread and understand your club is pants your town is pants and players dont want to play 4u ie thorne and earlier odemwinge... its reality accept it and move on

Right, so you are referring to media gossip then, and not any official wba statement

If you say so. We all know that if the leak to the Birmingham Mail had come for our end, the story would have been prefixed with something along the lines of "Derby County claim to have had a second bid rejected".

If this is how WBA want to deal with it then I have no issues with that, we know Peace can be a pain in the backside to deal with and I'm sure you won't find any Derby fan who disagrees that GT's statement to the media was ill advised. But don't bury your head in the sand - we think we'll get him, Albion fans either don't, or think that we'll pay a premium.

Archived