Birmingham City v Derby County

sage

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team game and it's as much a midfielder's respsonbility to track an attacker who gets a cross in as it the defender to sort that cross.

Bamford is without doubt a good goal scorer but his role in the team is and must go beyond that at the moment : he's effectively being asked to play right side midfield and cover for the right back. Problem is he just can't play that role. I think it's upsetting us as a defensive unit, albeit helping us when we are going forward.

Mind u, where was Hendrick's brain today ? - poor game.

Needs sorting. Massive opportunity wasted. Tough to overtake QPR now in my view even if we do beat them at home.

Team game and it's as much a midfielder's respsonbility to track an attacker who gets a cross in as it the defender to sort that cross.

Bamford is without doubt a good goal scorer but his role in the team is and must go beyond that at the moment : he's effectively being asked to play right side midfield and cover for the right back. Problem is he just can't play that role. I think it's upsetting us as a defensive unit, albeit helping us when we are going forward.

Mind u, where was Hendrick's brain today ? - poor game.

Needs sorting. Massive opportunity wasted. Tough to overtake QPR now in my view even if we do beat them at home.

Not an intelligent footballer..............sorry!

Since McClaren has been here and he has returned from injury Hendrick has been really poor.

I agree with the people say we defend and attack as a team and it's not just the defence but the two centre halfs have never been that solid or been able to keep clean sheets on a regular basis.

Alpha, if I could have liked your post twice I would have. No more to be said. The only focus now is getting the players heads right for the QPR game. Hopefully we won't over-react and be too tight. We need to attack them at our best to win in my opinion.

Cheers fella. Getting frustrated for the first time in ages.

[mode/on] keyboard warrior [mode/on]

Have to say about Hendrick

Strong

Good passer

Decent tackler

Decent pace

But he spends a lot of time admiring the ball. He's quite static.

Not that I want him shot on sight. I like him. A few adjustments and he's a cracking player. Nothing stopping him except his brain. That's praise by the way. He's got a lot going for him. Just needs to wake up and use it or he's going to watch poorer players go further. Like Savage

For players like Michael Keane?

Keane is better than Buxton er he plays for Man Unt & first choice for England u21's.

He's just very young for a CB.

Remember he started next to Buxton against the best team in the league (enough to make a kid nervous)

Think we should and believe we will go for a CB with more experience and know how.

Have to say about Hendrick

Strong

Good passer

Decent tackler

Decent pace

But he spends a lot of time admiring the ball. He's quite static.

Not that I want him shot on sight. I like him. A few adjustments and he's a cracking player. Nothing stopping him except his brain. That's praise by the way. He's got a lot going for him. Just needs to wake up and use it or he's going to watch poorer players go further. Like Savage

Exactly. His brain. He hasn't realised it's not enough to just play for Derby County but that he has to succeed with Derby. 

Keane is better than Buxton er he plays for Man Unt & first choice for England u21's.

He's just very young for a CB.

Remember he started next to Buxton against the best team in the league (enough to make a kid nervous)

Think we should and believe we will go for a CB with more experience and know how.

You should've told McClaren this so he could've played him and we might've been able to renew his loan. He obviously didn't realise how superior Keane was. Probably didn't get quite as good a look as you did though so fair enough...

So it's Buxton's fault that Keane had a shocker at Leicester?

He was the worst of the two v Chelsea too.

Last I checked he didn't even fancy himself to knock Keogh or Buxton out the side and he's toddled off looking for a team he doesn't have to fight to get a game.

You should've told McClaren this so he could've played him and we might've been able to renew his loan. He obviously didn't realise how superior Keane was. Probably didn't get quite as good a look as you did though so fair enough...

Not saying that well yeah I am saying he's better just prob wasn't right for us at the time.

For instance Leicester fans rate him highly it's just when he was there he had Morgan next to him to look after him at Derby he had Buxton.

So it's Buxton's fault that Keane had a shocker at Leicester?

He was the worst of the two v Chelsea too.

Last I checked he didn't even fancy himself to knock Keogh or Buxton out the side and he's toddled off looking for a team he doesn't have to fight to get a game.

He's young and needs game time for his development.

He isn't our player so has no loyalty to us.

He will probably end up on loan at another champ club.

Seems fair do's to me

Ok fair enough, for what it's worth I would've liked to see him alongside Keogh at least once but feel it would've been incredibly harsh to drop Buxton to facilitate this.

Maybe would have been worth a look but disagree about being harsh.

If you want to improve you have to replace average players with better ones

Quick question for those that went - How many of the three goals were down to Buxton and Keogh mistakes?

The first one was a free header not sure who was supposed to be marking him, 2nd was neither of their fault, third goal hit the post then luckily fell to their man.

Archived