The demise of Forest

ladyram

DeludedIf any of your lot think were going to be in the same position as this year you must be deluded. I just hope that you lose 5-8 first teamers all at once as you ll get no sympathy from me. If you can't see the destruction that had on our results then you can't see things constructively or without bias. Not saying we'd have gone up but we'd have made the playoffs easily.

Agreed you would have, under Billy most teams do. That's what he does however you don't have Billy now you have Pearce who's won what in management?? How do you know next season isn't going to be like this one? Pearce hasn't exactly set the world on fire in football management has he? I wouldn't count your chickens just yet my friend

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Pearce has something to prove as he hasn't been either a success or failure in his short managerial career.

Spent longer at man city than the average premier league manager and was a missed penalty kick away from gaining a uefa cup place.

Also U21 final and semi final

With the 'what has he won comment' what have 90% of championship managers won

I think Pearce has something to prove as he hasn't been either a success or failure in his short managerial career.

Spent longer at man city than the average premier league manager and was a missed penalty kick away from gaining a uefa cup place.

Also U21 final and semi final

With the 'what has he won comment' what have 90% of championship managers won

I think he will prove something.

I think Pearce has something to prove as he hasn't been either a success or failure in his short managerial career. Spent longer at man city than the average premier league manager and was a missed penalty kick away from gaining a uefa cup place.Also U21 final and semi final With the 'what has he won comment' what have 90% of championship managers won

The point is you're expecting instant success with him, by your own admission you think you will be playoffs or higher next season, This is the problem Forest keep having with every manager that comes to you, you want it now, this season, failures not an option just throw some more millions at it and you'll be fine. Doesn't work that way! Pearce has done naff all in football management terms what makes you think he's going to walk in and storm the league with you next season?

I suppose he cud go to holland and join a club in their Scottish version of Sunday league football. Got found out pretty soon on that German league tho hey.

Scottish version of Sunday league football?? what planet are you on!? He beat Ajax and PSV to the title to give them their first league title in how many years in the Eredivisie, Come on at least make fair comparisons! don't spout tripe

Scottish version of Sunday league football?? what planet are you on!? He beat Ajax and PSV to title to give them their first league title in how many years! Come on at least make fair comparisons!

Come on though, Ajax and PSV hardly compare to mid-table championship glory. What was it, 11th?

He's the right fit

The same way mclaren is at derby. Mclaren has failed miserably and in more emphatic fashion than Pearce ever has with his positions at England wolfsburg and forest. But he's right for derby.

There is no guarantees but he will inherit a good squad that played far below the standard required.

If we can injuries to a minimum and play on non windy days, play off should be more than accessible.

Deluded

If any of your lot think were going to be in the same position as this year you must be deluded.

I just hope that you lose 5-8 first teamers all at once as you ll get no sympathy from me.

If you can't see the destruction that had on our results then you can't see things constructively or without bias.

Not saying we'd have gone up but we'd have made the playoffs easily.

With the millions Fawaz has spent and the millions more you will probably spend in the summer I would be shocked if you did worse that you did this year, eventually if you chuck enough money at something you will get the result you want.  If you fail to make the play-off final you may as well start supporting Notts County or Mansfield.

5-8 players out, not an excuse, one of your gump mates on here stated that your squad was soo good that any of the back up players would get in any sides first team.  Billy broke your squad, your spirit and your dreams yet you kept backing him, thats what had the impact on your results. 

Now he has gone you are less of a circus, just.

Scottish version of Sunday league football?? what planet are you on!? He beat Ajax and PSV to the title to give them their first league title in how many years in the Eredivisie, Come on at least make fair comparisons! don't spout tripe

The holland league is shocking.

Don't make out Ajax and psv are the teams they were. The names are based on their history. There shocking nowadays.

Psv didn't even qualify from there Europa league group and Ajax got knocked out by a team from the great austrian league

With the millions Fawaz has spent and the millions more you will probably spend in the summer I would be shocked if you did worse that you did this year, eventually if you chuck enough money at something you will get the result you want. If you fail to make the play-off final you may as well start supporting Notts County or Mansfield.

5-8 players out, not an excuse, one of your gump mates on here stated that your squad was soo good that any of the back up players would get in any sides first team. Billy broke your squad, your spirit and your dreams yet you kept backing him, thats what had the impact on your results.

What's going off? I agree with about 3 of the points you made. Strange.

Don't make out Ajax and psv are the teams they were. The names are based on their history. There shocking nowadays.

Psv didn't even qualify from there Europa league group and Ajax got knocked out by a team from the great austrian league

Agreed and long gone are the days of star studded Dutch sides. Their squad is no better than England's and they will do very well to even qualify from their group.

Not when Mclaren was manager it wasn't, Ajax had Luis Suarez in their team ffs! not to mention Vertonghen, Vermaelen, emanuelson, Steklenburg etc they had great squad! Not to mention PSV's team. Scottish Sunday league standard? I think not! maybe now certainly not when Mclaren was there!

Not when Mclaren was manager it wasn't, Ajax had Luis Suarez in their team ffs! not to mention Vertonghen, Vermaelen, emanuelson, Steklenburg etc they had great squad! Not to mention PSV's team. Scottish Sunday league standard? I think not! maybe now certainly not when Mclaren was there!

As I have said previously for whatever reason his track record is very mixed. You cannot fault the job he did at FC Twente the first time around or on the whole his job this season at Derby. Despite mediocre performance in the Premier League with Middlesbrough, winning the League Cup and getting to the UEFA cup final is also highly impressive.

Then you have his disastrous stints with Forest, England and Wolfsburg.

With the millions Fawaz has spent and the millions more you will probably spend in the summer I would be shocked if you did worse that you did this year, eventually if you chuck enough money at something you will get the result you want.  If you fail to make the play-off final you may as well start supporting Notts County or Mansfield.

5-8 players out, not an excuse, one of your gump mates on here stated that your squad was soo good that any of the back up players would get in any sides first team.  Billy broke your squad, your spirit and your dreams yet you kept backing him, thats what had the impact on your results. 

I agree but you cannot seriously think that taking 6 key players out of any side in the league would not lead to a loss of form?

Anything less than the play-offs next season would be a disaster and I think Pearce would lose his job (not that I want that as I want stability now).

Archived