Hulse to Middlesborough

Day

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob Hulse is staying at Derby County, after the Rams concluded their dealings on transfer deadline day.

Chairman of Football Adam Pearson has revealed there was a very significant approach in excess of £4 million for the influential striker from a Championship club over the last 24 hours, but the deal is now off and Hulse is staying at Pride Park.

It means Jordan Stewart's departure to Sheffield United and Lee Hendrie's arrival to Derby is the club's only business to announce before the window closes.

Pearson said: "Rob (Hulse) is staying with us and we are all absolutely delighted about it.

"One club in particular made very significant advances and we felt it was only fair to the player to keep him informed throughout the day.

"In the end Rob has decided that his future belongs here at Derby with Nigel Clough, as he and his staff look to build this team into one that can bring success.

"It has been an extremely productive transfer window for us, in shaping the squad to where we have wanted to be since the end of last season.

"We said at the end of last season we wanted to move out around 16 players and bring in 5 or 6 and this is what we have achieved.

"I'm sure Rob Hulse will go on to be a very important player for us and look forward to seeing him produce the quality of football he did last season, when he was our top scorer and player of the year.

"We all believe we have a very talented group of players now, which will grow together and improve over the season."

[url=http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1784787,00.html]http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1784787,00.html

My Version....

F. me thats alot of money for Hulse more than £2m profit.

I believe they informed the player out of respect (the player does not find out afterwards that a bid has been rejected and throws his toys out the pram a slaps in a transfer request).

Hulse like any individual asks his suitors "how much you gonna pay me?" - the answer is not enough for Hulse to uproot and move.

Deals cancelled and all parties (re Derby) are happy.

There is no underhand conspiracy re selling off our prize processions. I believe the majority of us would have acted in the same way.

Originally posted by David;31102

What if Boro offered him a massive contract and he said yes, thats what worries me. Did we have replacements lined up ready or would be desperately contacting clubs for players available on loan.

Then we'd have a dire striker shortage. We'd have to bring in strikers from the youth team.

I think Hulse would want to stick out his contract anyway. Jewell probably gave him a very generous contract.

Hulse - on why he's staying at Derby

ROB Hulse is delighted all the transfer talk is over and he is still a Derby County player.

Hulse admitted yesterday was "really stressful" after Middlesbrough finally made their move to buy him.

They offered £4m-plus but the 29-year-old striker says the move was not right for him.

"It was flattering and a big price tag but something just didn't seem right about moving. I am very happy where I am," said Hulse.

"They [the club] were trying to let me know what was going on all day but I'm just happy to still be at Derby County and we have got it resolved.

http://iad.anm.co.uk/house/1x1

"I know where my future lies and I'm just relieved about that."

Middlesbrough had been constantly linked with Hulse all summer but when the transfer window closed at 5pm last night they had failed to land their target.

Hulse received a round of applause from the other players when he boarded the team bus to travel to last night's friendly against Atletico Marbelli in Marbella, which the Rams won 2-0.

"I was waiting for the boos not applause and shouts of 'we can't believe you've not gone!'" smiled Hulse.

Now the frontman is looking forward to the rest of the Championship campaign and repeating what he did last season.

He finished leading scorer with 18 goals and was named player of the year.

"I had a good first season," said Hulse, who joined the Rams from Sheffield United last summer.

"Derby is such a friendly club and everybody has made me feel welcome. I just want to have another season like last season.

"I've had a bit of an injury and not had a proper pre-season and I just want to get back playing again and do well for Derby.

"Hopefully I can get back scoring goals and the team can keeping going up the table. If we stick together as a team and everyone stays fit, we are going to stand a good chance."

Originally posted by martinb1884;31194

[url=http://martinblogs.co.uk/ramballs/2009/09/02/rob-hulse-stays/]RamBalls link

I've written a massive piece about the hysteria that was all consuming a lot of Derby fans during the Hulse saga of the past 48 hours. Hope you'll like it.

HAHA THIS IS THE BEST PARAGRAPH I THINK I'VE EVER READ

Whenever someone sensible said something like “FFS - it hasn’t happened yet!!†they were immediately shot down by gun fire that sounded like a manic depressive listening to Radiohead while trying to think of reasons not to die. “It’s just a matter of time……………….†they’d say as they plunged their scalpels into their limp, scarred wrists.

the DET forum is definitely awash with these wristslashers! Even if he had of gone, we would have been alright, it wouldn;t have been the end of the world!! How many times has it hapened in the past, and we have somehow survived it? This is football, full of rumours, money grabbers and doom and gloom merchants lol

Originally posted by derbydan;31204

HAHA THIS IS THE BEST PARAGRAPH I THINK I'VE EVER READ

Whenever someone sensible said something like “FFS - it hasn’t happened yet!!†they were immediately shot down by gun fire that sounded like a manic depressive listening to Radiohead while trying to think of reasons not to die. “It’s just a matter of time……………….†they’d say as they plunged their scalpels into their limp, scarred wrists.

To be fair your board offered him a payout to leave for 'boro... it is only a matter of time...

I am glad for you that he has stayed, he's a good player and a valuable member of the team (so i dont know why the board want rid) and it's ALWAYS noce to have a player want to stay despite the money offered... but that can't be good for his morale, or the morale of the team - to have the club you are giving so much to try and bribe you to leave

Originally posted by bakeri666;31278

To be fair your board offered him a payout to leave for 'boro... it is only a matter of time...

I am glad for you that he has stayed, he's a good player and a valuable member of the team (so i dont know why the board want rid) and it's ALWAYS noce to have a player want to stay despite the money offered... but that can't be good for his morale, or the morale of the team - to have the club you are giving so much to try and bribe you to leave

Tbf the board were totally honest with hulse and told him what was goin on, also hulse staying will hopefully bring a good vibe back to the squad after our loss to you

Archived