Podcasts

WilkoRam

Anyone recommend any? I only listen to two at the moment. Guardian Football Weekly (and extra) and the Five Live Film Review. I tried The Football Ramble but seemed a bit too much "oh ha ha, you made a joke - look aren't we really funny" and I found myself thinking "nope, you're not"

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone recommend any? I only listen to two at the moment. Guardian Football Weekly (and extra) and the Five Live Film Review. I tried The Football Ramble but seemed a bit too much "oh ha ha, you made a joke - look aren't we really funny" and I found myself thinking "nope, you're not"

Stick with the football ramble, i found it exactly the same when i first listened to it, but they are all actually knowledagable about football and it is genuinely funny. give it a nother go...(no jimbo and the gang though that is for sure..)

Also.....try..

Alan Davies podcast "The Tuesday Club" absolutely brilliant, all about Arsenal, but really really funny....and

Andy Mitten's podcast "United we stand"....all about Manchester United but again really funny and he has some great guests on.

let me know what you think.

Dave Dameshek Football Program

Rich Eisen Podcast

Inside the Huddle

I went for the Rich Eisen one. I've always had an interest in NFL and went to the Wembley game the other week (Peterson is a machine) but I find it hard to properly get into it. Hopefully this helps.

I went for the Rich Eisen one. I've always had an interest in NFL and went to the Wembley game the other week (Peterson is a machine) but I find it hard to properly get into it. Hopefully this helps.

Should do. Rich Eisen also has a book out which is full of funny and interesting stories from his time working with NFL Network. Well worth reading.

Stick with the football ramble, i found it exactly the same when i first listened to it, but they are all actually knowledagable about football and it is genuinely funny. give it a nother go...(no jimbo and the gang though that is for sure..)

Also.....try..

Alan Davies podcast "The Tuesday Club" absolutely brilliant, all about Arsenal, but really really funny....and

Andy Mitten's podcast "United we stand"....all about Manchester United but again really funny and he has some great guests on.

let me know what you think.

I may give the ramble another go but exactly what you said, it's no Jimbo and the gang and that's what I kept thinking, plus I like Jimbo etc covering La Liga, Seria A etc

Should do. Rich Eisen also has a book out which is full of funny and interesting stories from his time working with NFL Network. Well worth reading.

Cool. Not had chance to listen to it yet, still listening to Fridays film review then have the guardian one to listen to then I'll do the NFL one. Saw the bears lost at weekend in a big scoring game.

Cool. Not had chance to listen to it yet, still listening to Fridays film review then have the guardian one to listen to then I'll do the NFL one. Saw the bears lost at weekend in a big scoring game.

Yeah, Cutler got injured so a loss was expected... not quite sure how the Redskins gave up so many points to McCown though.

Yeah, Cutler got injured so a loss was expected... not quite sure how the Redskins gave up so many points to McCown though.

Cutler's out? Oh man I was hopeful for the bears this season even purchased a new bears jumper (also due to junk good doing great NFL gear)

Cutler's out? Oh man I was hopeful for the bears this season even purchased a new bears jumper (also due to junk good doing great NFL gear)

Yeah, looking like 4 weeks he'll be out from what I remember. Groin injury.

Doing alright then, although lost your last two?

We are awful this year. We weren't amazing last year but got hot at the right time to win the Superbowl.

Our defence is actually a lot better this year, but our running game is literally non-existant which is really really hurting us. I expect us to recover a bit out of the bye. Would be surprised and it would be a huge failure if we didn't make at least a wild card play off.

Archived