Fire Service want to close 19 Derbyshire Stations!

TobyWanKenobi

TobyWanKenobi

http://www.derbys-fire.gov.uk/have-your-say/transforming-service-delivery-for-2022-and-beyond-fit-to-respond-consultation

You can read about why and take a survey here.

From a quick scan the changes involve:

Closing all 3 Derby stations, including the 2 brand new Multi-million £ stations in Chad and Ascot Drive, and then building a brand new super expensive one.

Closing the stations in Belper and Duffield and building a single new one 60 seconds from where Belper currently is in Milford where about 9 people live.

Closing the Brand new multi million £ station in Buxton.

Closing the brand new multi million £ station in Chesterfield and Stavely.

Closing the new station in Alfreton and the stations in Crich and Ripley and building a new multi million £ station in Ripley that will end up costing more than all 3 of those stations currently do combined.

There is like a 200 page document about it on their link above, but I have read a bit of it (some of the numbers are above my head though) but if you have any questions about if for where you live, I will try and answer them, as I have downloaded it.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same across all emergency services at the moment as they're such an easy target - more for less is all you ever hear now... Then it go's wrong and horrendous things happen.

Feel sorry for the water fairies, yeah they're normally pretty quiet and yes fires are down but when the **** hits the fan, they're there.

Everyone's terms and conditions are changing, everyone's pension is getting hammered, double the work, less respect, it's not easy.

Anyway, it'll all go to pot when everyone's retained/voluntary, same with the forces, the ambo's and the police.

TobyWanKenobi

It's happening all over the UK I'm afraid

We also have protests going on down here,as multiple fire stations,are facing the axe

Including Blaina in Gwent which where 2 firefighters and one child died in one incident in 1996.

It's a disgrace.

Yeah, so wrong! Can happen anywhere though :(

We were supposed to have a new fire station but the nutters in the community campaigned against the inevitable sirens and high speed scrambles! Unbelievable eh? So we're left with a mostly retained station which is the closest or they've said they'll come from Newcastle or Hanley...

Our big beautiful Victorian police station has gone and they have been shoved in the store room in the Civic Offices :lol:

Yeah, so wrong! Can happen anywhere though :(

We were supposed to have a new fire station but the nutters in the community campaigned against the inevitable sirens and high speed scrambles! Unbelievable eh? So we're left with a mostly retained station which is the closest or they've said they'll come from Newcastle or Hanley...

Our big beautiful Victorian police station has gone and they have been shoved in the store room in the Civic Offices :lol:

Its not like they need cop shops in the potteries tbf................

Archived