Who chose Simpson and Steele?

sage

I think that Rush most probably had his mind made up for him and had to move quickly due to Sunderland being after a manager as well.

I think Mclaren would have already had ideas in his own head about who he would like to work with if he got back into management, whether these two were his first choice or the best he could get for the budget I don't think we will find out.

From what Simmo was saying, McClaren spoke to him on Saturday night before he entered into detailed discussions with Derby County. It's possible that the initial approach from Rush to McClaren would have included such topics as "we appreciate that you will want to bring your people in yadayada", hence the placing of the current coaching staff on immediate gardening leave, but I don't think that details as to who he would have wanted as his right-hand man would have been cast in stone at that point.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Beckham's 'close to a return to football'. Oh dear.

If we are throwing silly, out-of-our-league names in the air with respect to taking them on in a coaching capacity, and we are restricting those names to players who McClaren worked with at Manchester United, my vote goes to Ryan Giggs.

Exactly.

I'm sure people would be delighted if we sacked Clough and then the club came out and said "We've parted ways with Nigel, but tbh we haven't a clue where we want to go from here. Who's available? Buggered if we know, we'll get back to you in 3 weeks when Sunderland have poached who we are after as usual"

Fixed

If we are throwing silly, out-of-our-league names in the air with respect to taking them on in a coaching capacity, and we are restricting those names to players who McClaren worked with at Manchester United, my vote goes to Ryan Giggs.

Paul Scholes, Sheringham, Solsjkaer

(Beckham is returning to football, as owner of MLS franchise in Miami)

with the amount of free kicks we won on saturday, i reckon he could have scored about 4 goals.

If we keep greasing the bottom of Martin's boots we should get some more free kicks, hopefully simmo and improve our set plays to capitalise on the amount of times Martin is cynically toppled over near to their penalty box.

Archived