Ay Up Lads (and lasses)

Pearl Ram

Just saw this site advertised elsewhere and thought I'd join.

I went to my first match at The Basie in 1969 (against Norwich) and that was me, hook, line and sinker.

I don't get to games these days though not ruling going in the future, just need a change in fortune and I'll be there.

I was a regular in the popside '71 - '75 and travelled away extensively during that time (actually had my picture taken on The Ramaway with Longson when he was on a charm offensive after Mr Clough's departure)

I attended Rykneld Secondary Modern in Bedford Street but please, don't hold that against me.

I now live in Hertfordshire where I am being driven round the bend by my wife and two lads.

I hope I can be a valued member of your forum.

Best regards,

EastHertsRam.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Teale, I'm a bit of a techno- phobe, so it will take me time to get a feel of the site, get an avatar together etc.

I was quite handy on my old PC, but it went pear shaped and I'm on an Apple Mac my brother in law leant me and I don't like it.

But apart from that, I'm great, I'm really optimistic about the future, I just hope everybody is patient with our manager, he's laying his foundations, and I'm convinced he is the man to bring back the good times.

Me tea's ready, so hopefully, catch you later Tealey, all the best.

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;1701

Welcome.

East Hertfordshire isn't it?

We have Rams everywhere. Amazing.

If you're a bit of a technophobe, you can ask David or even me for any help about avatars or anything and we'll sort you out. :cool:

Check the Avatar thread out...i've put some links in there for Avatars. To be honest though, you can use any picture you like, as it seems it will be resized for you.

Originally posted by EastHertsRam;1690

Just saw this site advertised elsewhere and thought I'd join.

I went to my first match at The Basie in 1969 (against Norwich) and that was me, hook, line and sinker.

I don't get to games these days though not ruling going in the future, just need a change in fortune and I'll be there.

I was a regular in the popside '71 - '75 and travelled away extensively during that time (actually had my picture taken on The Ramaway with Longson when he was on a charm offensive after Mr Clough's departure)

I attended Rykneld Secondary Modern in Bedford Street but please, don't hold that against me.

I now live in Hertfordshire where I am being driven round the bend by my wife and two lads.

I hope I can be a valued member of your forum.

Best regards,

EastHertsRam.

flippin eck i used to live on bedford street in the early eighties,:eek: small world eh....welcome to the site.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by EastHertsRam;1863

Thanks lads for making me so welcome.

Welcome mate, good to see more fans down this way! Where exactly in Herts are you based? im in Sawbridgeworth just outside Harlow, exactly on East Herts/West Essex border, so presumeabley not far at all?

Archived