Help with surround sound

Boycie

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just get a cable for your laptop to TV, Sky have blocked it cos they are cnuts, support forum full of its not us ask Apple but iPlayer works fine, tossers

yes, I've done that, and it's fine, but the trouble and strife uses me laptop in t'house when I'm in t'cave.

Thought it would work, then I searched Apple TV and sky go, and google just laughed at me.

Is your man cave attached or detached from the house?

HDMI splitter to split the signal from the sky box one to main telly, one to man cave telly ( can only watch same as main telly)

Grab a cheap box and run a feed from Dish to box in man cave (sure you can do that yourself) then you get freesat in man cave.

Pay £10 for multiroom.

Buy a cheap laptop just for man cave .

Is your man cave attached or detached from the house?HDMI splitter to split the signal from the sky box one to main telly, one to man cave telly ( can only watch same as main telly)Grab a cheap box and run a feed from Dish to box in man cave (sure you can do that yourself) then you get freesat in man cave.Pay £10 for multiroom.Buy a cheap laptop just for man cave .

ive run a sat cable and a network cable t'cave so have free sat.

I can't really piggy back from one of the boxes inside the house as it defeats the object of going in t'cave to watch footy.

Multi room? £120 a year for once in a blue moon game, nah.

Xbox may be an answer.

Btw,

Just bought an Onkyo surround system with a LG smart blueray to supply it.

Grade B stock off eBay, half price, fingers crossed it ok.

Onkyo is supposed to be good.

You need Xbox Live Gold to use the Sky app. You could use your lads account but he wouldn't be able to go on his own if you're using it in the cave

how much is a years membership?

Also, can't I log on with his if he's it not using his in his bedroom?

Right - if the misses is watching a free to air Chanel in the house just take out your viewing card and put it in the box in the man cave. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.

bloody infidel! Boxes are paired with cards. Like everyone knows that, right, init.

Archived