NFL thread

Perky1106

Just now, Posh Ram said:

I read quite an interesting piece by Peter King on that issue. Whilst Brady was definitely morally wrong, the league also carried out the investigation pretty unprofessionally. I'm surprised that before a court of law there was enough evidence to re-instate the suspension.

But, how can a court of law actually alter anything? It's their company, it's their prerogative to enforce their own rules - which the players signed up to.

I mean, that maybe a simplistic view on it... but I imagine it as a footballer appealing to the High Court to get a red card rescinded.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Srg said:

But, how can a court of law actually alter anything? It's their company, it's their prerogative to enforce their own rules - which the players signed up to.

I mean, that maybe a simplistic view on it... but I imagine it as a footballer appealing to the High Court to get a red card rescinded.

Yeah true. I'm just quite surprised that the verdict was overturned again, seemed to me like one of the main flaws in the league's argument last time out was a lack of clear evidence surrounding normal pressure in footballs and the impact this might have on a game.

Rumours of Saints wanting Lynch. Obviously good QB potential, but we supposedly wanted to trade up for one of the big QBs last season as well. Doubt it'll happen, got a QB with a 3rd rounder last year and I don't think they'll have given up on Grayson yet.

Having said that, there is a bigger QB pool than last year so Lynch may be available.

If they do trade up, I'd imagine it'd be more likely for someone like Bosa than a QB though.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

only team I can imagine selecting him round 1 would be the Browns.

Who, Paxton? I think the Broncos will grab him at the end of round 1 if he gets that far. So many teams looking for a QB, wouldn't be surprised if he is gone by pick 20.

Also, who says top 2 are after QB's (I think they definitely are, but just fur arguments sake)

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Way ahead of you. 

Haha, I've planted the seed but I need to get my current project to an acceptable stage :p 

How about a friendly game of bold predictions for the draft?

I'll start...

• Myles Jack will fall outside the top 10.
  • The Denver Broncos will draft a QB in the 1st round.
  • Robert Nkemdiche will go inside the top 25.
  • The Baltimore Ravens will draft Noah Spence in the 2nd round.
  • Ryan Kelly goes in the top 15.
  • Laquon Treadwell is the 3rd receiver drafted.

You want to play 'go get my lunch'? :lol:

Agree with Jack prediction (hope Saints take him haha)

also agree with your Treadwell prediction.

I'll go for a couple:

2 teams in the top 10 trade back.

Kevin Dodd goes in the top 15.

EDIT: Ah screw it lets go for a gasper: Laremy Tunsil falls out of the top 8 (Think Bucs will take him).

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

You want to play 'go get my lunch'? :lol:

Agree with Jack prediction (hope Saints take him haha)

also agree with your Treadwell prediction.

I'll go for a couple:

2 teams in the top 10 trade back.

Kevin Dodd goes in the top 15.

EDIT: Ah screw it lets go for a gasper: Laremy Tunsil falls out of the top 8 (Think Bucs will take him).

I do...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AroundTheNFL/comments/4gnpzh/draft_onion_hangers_reddit_version/

Four QB's go in the first round.

Eagles select a non-QB with number 2 pick, either Elliot or Ramsey

Seen Mayock has released his annual mock draft. Like him as an analyst, although his mocks are no more enlightening than my guess work. There will be more than one trade this year I think.

@Srg what do you make of his prediction of you trading back to TEN number 15? what would you want in return?

7 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Four QB's go in the first round.

Eagles select a non-QB with number 2 pick, either Elliot or Ramsey

Seen Mayock has released his annual mock draft. Like him as an analyst, although his mocks are no more enlightening than my guess work. There will be more than one trade this year I think.

@Srg what do you make of his prediction of you trading back to TEN number 15? what would you want in return?

Don't think we will for a start. We rarely pick in the top 10, and when we do, we usually get it spot on. I can't imagine we will be back in the top 10 any time soon either, so need to make the most of it. For that reason, I'd want a hell of a lot in return.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

With teams trading picks, no wonder a lot are considering it to be a weak draft for talent. 

Don't think that's necessarily the case, think it's more than outside the top 10 that there's very little difference between a lot of them. Apparently a lot of quality starts all the way to the 3rd round expected.

20 minutes ago, Srg said:

Don't think that's necessarily the case, think it's more than outside the top 10 that there's very little difference between a lot of them. Apparently a lot of quality starts all the way to the 3rd round expected.

Agree.

This is one of the deepest drafts for talent in a long time, just not in the classes that are most appreciable from the perspective of a "normal" onlooker (WR etc.)

People can trade back, and trade for multiple picks because they're so confident in getting good talent with all of those picks.

Archived