NFL thread

Perky1106

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I know the 5 ahead of him in that draft are the headliners but Stanley's a good player. But you think you'd prefer an O or D player?

Defensive really, unless it's a skill position, but I wouldn't take an WR or RB in this class that high. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Defensive really, unless it's a skill position, but I wouldn't take an WR or RB in this class that high. 

Yeah, Saints took Offensive Line last year in Peat... 13th? I think. He did well, but it's hardly a noteworthy addition.

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah, Saints took Offensive Line last year in Peat... 13th? I think. He did well, but it's hardly a noteworthy addition.

I guess when it comes down to it, the best teams year after year have depth on both lines. So as unsexy as it is, it's a winning formula. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

I guess when it comes down to it, the best teams year after year have depth on both lines. So as unsexy as it is, it's a winning formula. 

Yeah and besides, despite our defense being woeful and needing to be the focus of our draft our 2 high D rookies Anthony and Kikaha were our two best defenders statistically last year. That's pretty promising.

49 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

How do you feel about this one? Pretty good pickup for Ravens imo.

Seems like best case is he's better than Torrey Smith was, worst case he is better than Jacoby Jones was. 

Myles Jack recorded a 40 inch vert on UCLA's pro day and a 10ft 4 broad. Didn't run the 40 though (cos of his knee). Expected to run the 40 on April 1st at the next pro day. 

Impressive numbers. 

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Myles Jack recorded a 40 inch vert on UCLA's pro day and a 10ft 4 broad. Didn't run the 40 though (cos of his knee). Expected to run the 40 on April 1st at the next pro day. 

Impressive numbers. 

I'd love him to fall to 6, I'm kinda hoping for a subpar 40 and we can nab him. Him next to CJ Mosley is the stuff of Superbowls.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'd love him to fall to 6, I'm kinda hoping for a subpar 40 and we can nab him. Him next to CJ Mosley is the stuff of Superbowls.

With the defensive side of things so full of talent, this is a year I really want Saints to trade up lol 

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Sigh... We are releasing Will Hill. So annoyed with that. He would've been great in tandem with Weddle

Take it back. Released him, then promptly suspended 10 games for substance abuse. 

9 hours ago, Srg said:

Take it back. Released him, then promptly suspended 10 games for substance abuse. 

Always had an issue, received so much help from Giants and Ravens by the sounds of it but has ruined another opportunity

Anyone else kind want their team to get LaQuan McGowan - the 405lbs TE from Baylor? Will probably never do anything in the NFL, or if he does probably after having his position switched but his drill numbers were very impressive for a guy that size. 5.5s 40 yard dash.

He could do a job as a blocking TE, or a FB, or anywhere on the line I imagine. There won't be many players his size quicker than him, if any. 

Archived