Tactics for Huddersfield game

ChaddesdenRam

Its not about WIll Hughes its about Derby County getting 3 points against Huddersfield on saturday.

We should play 442 and attack them from the start. If we lose i dont mind as long as we had a go.

Lego

Brayford Keogh Obrien Roberts

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Davies

Ward Sammon

Would be my team

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not about WIll Hughes its about Derby County getting 3 points against Huddersfield on saturday.

We should play 442 and attack them from the start. If we lose i dont mind as long as we had a go.

Lego

Brayford Keogh Obrien Roberts

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Davies

Ward Sammon

Would be my team

jacobs indtead of Davies but otherwise yeh...

Right, and what happens when Ben Davies is put ahead of Will Hughes and we get smashed 3-0? And people moan about 'our best player' being on the bench and we should always go with the strongest team.

And you all know I am ******* right.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

No I would be willing to place a wager of some kind that if we played the team and formation shown we would win. Thats how strongly i feel about it. I honestly think the formation and player selection is what is holding the team back.

No I would be willing to place a wager of some kind that if we played the team and formation shown we would win. Thats how strongly i feel about it. I honestly think the formation and player selection is what is holding the team back.

Because we have a better team than Huddersfield? no - I would place a wager of some kind we could play whatever side we want, but if Huddersfield 'turn up' and play to their best ability they will beat us as they have the better team, certainly on paper.

We don't have a 'player-selection' problem - we have our best team, which is pretty much undisputed and a number of people relying on hindsight to say 'told you so' - as I said if we play 4-4-2 and drop hughes and still lose 3/4-0 what then? what can people possibly say then? because I know for a fact 'we lost the midfield battle' and 'our best player was on the bench' would be our the top 2 complaints - that's the problem with fans and hindsight.

as I said if we play 4-4-2 and drop hughes and still lose 3/4-0 what then? what can people possibly say then? because I know for a fact 'we lost the midfield battle' and 'our best player was on the bench' would be our the top 2 complaints - that's the problem with fans and hindsight.

Genuinely i would not care! as long as we have a go at them with 442 and Hughes on the bench i will have no quarrels if we lose 7-0. Honestly.

What i cannot stand is the negative formation trying to accomodate all 3 CM's and sacrificing a player up top. I mean we were deadly at home earlier. And that was Without Jamie Ward! why change it. Go back to the 442 maybe even drop ward if it causing chemistry problems in the team and use him as an impact player.

I think most fans would agree that they would much rather see us have a go a Huddersfield and lose say 2-1 or 3-2. Than pass the ball around then have little counter attacking presence. Just my thoughts anyway. No doubt Hughes will play to help bring his confidence back up when in fact we will have another poor performance and the crowd get on his back making it worse.

No doubt Hughes will play to help bring his confidence back up when in fact we will have another poor performance and the crowd get on his back making it worse.

That made me sit up! I suppose it really is possible that some start to get on his back. Incredible if that happens.

That made me sit up! I suppose it really is possible that some start to get on his back. Incredible if that happens.

Pride Park has more than its fair share of ******.

Dont normally sit in the East/South stand and i was slightly shocked. They are more opinionanted than the North stand il put it that way. People were jeering and shouting when Hughes missed the ball etc. I guarantee it will be worse in the league vs huddersfield.

Agree its not the majority its only a minority. But i ask this...

These people have a right to Booo will hughes if they think he should not be playing for Derby County and disagree with the managers decision. they are perfectly entitled too. They may be as you put it ****** because they dont realise it will only make him play worse. But fans will voice their opinion and you cant take that away from them even if he is 17. Afterall the final team selection and formation lies under the managers role.

Dont normally sit in the East/South stand and i was slightly shocked. They are more opinionanted than the North stand il put it that way. People were jeering and shouting when Hughes missed the ball etc. I guarantee it will be worse in the league vs huddersfield.

These people have a right to Booo will hughes if they think he should not be playing for Derby County and disagree with the managers decision. they are perfectly entitled too. They may be as you put it ****** because they dont realise it will only make him play worse. But fans will voice their opinion and you cant take that away from them even if he is 17. Afterall the final team selection and formation lies under the managers role.

Yes, but what kind of person will turn up to "support" the team and then boo a 17 year old, whose performances could well be an integral part of our future success [whether he stays or not].

If he didn't play well again this season, he's already done enough to gain a national profile. And our "fans" feel as though they have a right to boo him at his own ground? If that really is the case, then count me out. We've lost the plot.

Fans do have the right to criticise - but if that right is exercised blindly and without judgement then I stand by my original description of them as ******.

Yes, but what kind of person will turn up to "support" the team and then boo a 17 year old, whose performances could well be an integral part of our future success [whether he stays or not].

If he didn't play well again this season, he's already done enough to gain a national profile. And our "fans" feel as though they have a right to boo him at his own ground? If that really is the case, then count me out. We've lost the plot.

Fans do have the right to criticise - but if that right is exercised blindly and without judgement then I stand by my original description of them as ******.

I agree it (booing ******) is ridiculous but all I am saying is they have a right to say Will Hughes should not be playing at the moment that is all.

I agree it (booing ******) is ridiculous but all I am saying is they have a right to say Will Hughes should not be playing at the moment that is all.

Debateable.

Perhaps he is injured, perhaps he is tired, perhaps he is lacking confidence, perhaps it's the pressure of his 'A' levels, perhaps all he needs is to thread one pin-point pass through to re-gain the 'feel' and all will be well in his world again. I don't know - but I'm sure there are plenty who think that they do.

Debateable.

Perhaps he is injured, perhaps he is tired, perhaps he is lacking confidence, perhaps it's the pressure of his 'A' levels, perhaps all he needs is to thread one pin-point pass through to re-gain the 'feel' and all will be well in his world again. I don't know - but I'm sure there are plenty who think that they do.

I am not saying anyone knows what is best for Hughes but playing resting him against Huddersfield to recharge the batteries would be a good move in my opinion. Obviously my opinion is not valid at all but it worked with Hendrick and we would not have this selection dilema Hendrick and Bryson would play.

Archived