Chelsea bid £10m plus player for Rooney

RodleyRam

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney on Tuesday night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea offered £10m in cash plus a player, either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

I would have bitten their hands off for £10m plus Mata... Mata is absolutely quality and comes without any of the bullsh1t that follows Rooney around!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney on Tuesday night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea offered £10m in cash plus a player, either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

I would have bitten their hands off for £10m plus Mata... Mata is absolutely quality and comes without any of the bullsh1t that follows Rooney around!

Shouldn't 'biting the hand off' only be used in relation to Suarez and Ivanovic?

I would tell Chelsea they can keep there 10M and hold out for a straight swap with both players.

Man Utd are crying out for a top class midfield man and Luiz fits the bill. Mata would be a little more difficult to accomodate given they have Valencia and the Japanese kid (who I believe will have a great season).

If the deal doesn't go through, where does that leave Luiz and Mata?

Archived