Hernandez Charged with Murder

Srg

American football player Aaron Hernandez has been charged with murder over the death of another player whose body was found not far from Hernandez's home.

Hernandez, 23, was arrested on Wednesday morning at his sprawling home in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.

He is accused of murdering Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-professional player for the Boston Bandits.

Hernandez also faces several charges on firearms violations.

Mr Lloyd's body was found on June 17 in an industrial park a mile from Hernandez's house.

Authorities said he was shot multiple times in the back and chest.

They said Hernandez was upset with Mr Lloyd after the pair had a dispute at a nightclub a few days before.

Mr Lloyd's relatives said he was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee, that the two men were friends and that both men were out together on the last night of Mr Lloyd's life.

State police searched in and around Hernandez's home several times since last week.

The New England Patriots, who drafted Hernandez out of the University of Florida in 2010, released the tight end shortly after his arrest.

"We realise that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process," the team said in a statement.

"At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do."

Last summer, the Patriots gave Hernandez a five-year contract worth $40m.

"http://c.o0bg.com/rf/image_960w/Boston/2011-2020/2012/01/27/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/patriots264" alt="patriots264">

---

http://news.sky.com/story/1108422/nfl-star-aaron-hernandez-charged-with-murder

---

This is like the biggest of big news in America. Asbolutely crazy. One of the premier Tight Ends in the NFL, and formed an amazing tandem with Gronk at the Pats. Literally can't believe this.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like another OJ Simpson in the making....bit of vexatious litigation with a fame hungry attorney and we might have more kardashian-type tv as well, everyone's a winner.......*bangs head on wall*

I wouldn't have him third best TE personally, obviously a healthy Gronk first, then you look at Graham, still Gonzalez, Witten, Pitta, Vernon Davis etc.

Whaaat? No way.

Gonzalez and Witten are past it and I don't know where you've got Pitta from, he's not even in the same class! Davis I'll give you though.

Sounds like another project for my Ravens, didn't end too well with McClain. But we all know he'll end up at the Raiders.

Well he was actually drafted by the Raiders to begin with, then retried not even a month after signing with the Ravens at 23.  In hindsight it is painfully obvious that in collegiate ball he got away with not having a good IQ for the game by being surrounded by other freaks of nature on Bama's D.  In the NFL, where everyone is a freak of nature, that gets you ripped apart.

Yeah, Pitta is a pretty crap tight end.  But good enough to stick around for years, that was a head scratcher pick.  There's still no one as intelligent at that position as Gonzalez and Witten.  Physically though, they're pretty much spent but they can get by with that for another year or two.  Vernon Davis is a freak.  Gronk is a freak, but to be fair here most of his stats came from being in the Patriots system.  Every receiver gets huge stats when your team has no running game to speak of. 
Speaking of Gronk though, his little brother plays for my college team now.  He came down like a month or two when we had our spring scrimmage.  Saw him twice up close, once at the bar when he bout roughly 100 shots for the entire bar and the other time at a house party where he just showed up and started stealing everyone's booze(including mine).  It'd be pretty awesome to get away with stuff like that.  Dude's hella fun to party with.

Also, I don't know if anyone has looked into this.  But 0% chance he gets off. It doesn't help your initial case when you've paid a professional cleaning team to clean your house, destroyed your home security system, and smashed your cellphone into smithereens before the Police have arrived.

Archived