Mark Connolly

ForceIndy

Sky sports say we are interested in him, defender...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8700915/Transfer-news-Championship-sides-chasing-Crawley-defender-Mark-Connolly

Sky Sports understands a number of Championship clubs are tracking Crawley Town defender Mark Connolly.Connolly has impressed for the Red Devils since linking up the club in July 2012 after leaving Bolton Wanderers.

He joined Bolton from Wolves in the summer of 2009 as a 17-year-old for a fee of £1million and has been tipped for a big future in the game

Connolly's career at Bolton stalled, but he has begun to fulfil his potential at Crawley and his progress has not gone unnoticed among clubs higher up the Football League.

Derby County and Charlton are both thought to be admirers and are keeping tabs on him.

The ball-playing central defender made 40 appearances for Crawley this season and he is regarded as one of the best talents outside the top two divisions.

Connolly has one year to run on his current contract at Crawley and his suitors are weighing up moves for the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international this summer.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watch Crawley on a regular basis and I think this guy is really bad. When he makes a mistake, he moans at everyone else and also lumps it in the stand as high as he can when under pressure. Don't be fooled. Not a good player at all!

I watch Crawley on a regular basis and I think this guy is really bad. When he makes a mistake, he moans at everyone else and also lumps it in the stand as high as he can when under pressure. Don't be fooled. Not a good player at all!

Smacks of agent-fed news to me... Bet he's negotiating a new contract at the moment...

Translation *he can't actually defend*

Should fit right in :ph34r:

I seem to recall a few defenders in our past who could do both.

One was described by Jackie Stamps as "The world's best centre-forward - gone to waste"

Archived