So we survive another but it could have been so much more...

ChaddesdenRam

What is everybody's thoughts on this season and what they expect from next season?

This Season

I think this season our football at home has been vastly improved and results have been excellent too.

Injuries to Brayford, Barker, Buxton, Ward, Bryson, Obrien and Hughes have held us back for sure.

Highlights have been the emergence of Hughes and Hendrick, and Keogh for me. Also Coutts in the first half of the season.

A strange goalkeeping situation has arisen.

We saw the transition out of Tyson and Robinson. As well as many players going out on loan.

Found an 'average' left back replacement in Forsyth.

Took 10 points from a possible 12 against the locals as per. (well actually, normally it is 12)

We got all excited when we found out one of our players had a dossier made on him by Barcelona. and started predicting sales in double figure...... in millions.

One big signing performed (keogh) the other started the biggest debate of the season.

Jake Buxton became perceived as a good enough CB now. Maybe not to start but a great player to have to step in who you can rely of to give 100% every time he has the privilege of wearing the shirt. The new CB we sign (Baptiste) will have his work cut out to retain a starting 11 place.

The Bray was consistent as ever but struggled with injuries and we discovered Freeman looks as though he was a bargain at 250k being a Wales under 21 regular and coming from our local rivals.

We hired a replacement for Glick in Sam Rush that most people think has been a great appointment who hopefully will help push the deals that could happen in the summer.

The academy conveyor belt got even quicker with the under 21 team containing countless under 18 players as well as some making the bench for the first team.

Off the pitch losses increased and attendances fell, there was more development of potential safe standing in the South Stand and a new season ticket, the cheapest in the league was offered with a very high percentage being being sold from what I know.

Next Season

Fans have obviously become bored. (not all i should add) leading to a reduction in season ticket sales.

Attendances likely to fall unless fans see the board invest on the pitch.

The clubs have stated through numerous sources that they are looking to make on the pitch additions this time with all other matters having been taken care of in previous years. 

They are aiming for experienced players to help us make the push for the top 6 (consistency is our problem)

It seems as though there will be quite a few players going out.

Tyson, Robinson, Bailey, Roberts, Davies, Doyle, Hoganson, Ball, Naylor, Goalkeeper situation??

However everything will be blown out the water if Hendrick or Hughes are sold.

Contracts for Ward, Bryson and Brayford will either be resolved or those players will be sold too.

The players coming are likely to be:

ST

CB

LB

RM

Hopefully next season we will simply give the playoffs a go. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pride Park is a bigger dump now than this time last year. Now even the Forest and Leeds games are drab. Oh, it now has 'fan cam' or whatever it's called.

Anyway,

In my view I said sometime ago( early 2013) that the season had been a success so far and that the only way it could really go wrong is if we stop playing and progressing in the same style. I put this in a couple of threads so nobody can really label me a wrist slasher.

I was really pleased. I didn't even care what position we finished. We were getting the odd unlucky result and had we kept on and on and on then eventually we'd be the next Swansea. Teams like Swansea had been the best side in the Championship for years. They were nailed on to survive the PL IF they got up. It's just difficult over 46 physical games to get the required playing that way. Its not like PL football. It's faster and stronger. Longer too. But less ability. It's a division that favours hulking CB's and big target men. Box to box midfielders full of energy instead of David Silva and Samir Nasri.

But if you can develop like Swansea and flourish at this level then you have the foundations to go a long way. You just have to take a few frustrating defeats to hoofball percentage teams along the way. Swansea started with Martinez and went through Sousa before Rodgers finally got them there didn't they?

But we start on this journey. Bueno, Green, Cywka, Kuqi, Commons Bailey, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson. They've all played some lovely stuff in the earlier months. But come the disruptive international breaks, Xmas break and due to the small squad/lack of options it all goes tits up.

Again this year. The signs were promising. Wolves away was the best away performance under Nigel. At home we have been scary. Didnt Copell stay behind to compliment us at Molineux?

Show him us now. It's all been thrown down the sh1tter again. We can't take owt from this season. The positives are lost back in 2012. Well that's how I feel. I felt we needed to keep on the way we were going and install a proper identity regardless of results. But nope. It's like last year. Wasted.

Forest home, things began to look sloppy. But the next few games weren't too bad.

Hull at home people were very critical but Derby were pretty good. Certainly looked the team that was higher in the league out of the two.

Then it started to get a bit patchy. Bolton barely created owt but the boo boys were sniffing around. Cardiff and Palace gave me hope that it was going to be ok(ish) and then came this load of toss

Leicester, Bristol, Leeds, Ipswich, Blackburn. We took 9pts from the first 3 and I'd rather we gave them back and got our just rewards from Cardiff and Hull. Seriously, garbage. Billy Davies would be proud but there's no future in playing like that. My worse fear is grinding results and thinking its ok. Before you know it all you do is grind results. Years ago that would be fine but since our PL adventure I hate it. Sometimes it's nice. Very rarely. But since then I think all our performances have been tired and lazy.

The squad is small. The team is ok but the squad is weak. We seem no closer to a decent finish in the away league table. I don't see any of it changing for next season. More of the same. Yay.

Think I'm still on my man period. <insert sad face or summat>

we haven't played 46 games yet.

Hence my use of the word "Essentially."

if we win our last two and florest lose both we can still overtake em'

Wouldn't bother me either way, what they get up to down the road and who's higher in the league makes not a jot of difference to me.

Archived