Amir 'King' Khan v Julio Diaz

PrivateDerby

Amir 'King' Khan v Julio Diaz

Saturday April the 27th 

Sheffield arena 

Amir has said - "I can't afford to loose to Diaz, another defeat would destroy me"

Think he's right, really hope he does it though. Come on Amir!

I was having a look at tickets, Ogogo's on the undercard, his first pro fight so good luck to him as well.

Did anyone watch the Khan programme the other night? I missed it but everyone said it was good.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is just prone to knockouts..

His movement, speed and hand coordination is one of the best I've ever seen..

But he's an all out fighter who will get hit.. And when he gets hit, there is a good chance he's going down.. He's a far better boxer than Danny Garcia but that one punch just ended it.. And it was always going to happen..

He lacks knockout power too.. That's also his downfall.. His inability to stop a fight before his speed starts to slow down.

He also runs a big mouth.. He always assumes he's won the fight and is looking for bigger fights.. He should never have started with the Mayweather plans until he's actually unified his belt..

He'll never make it IMO.. As much ability that he has, the guy is damaged goods

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Amir, brilliant fight! Massive heart and determination, somehow managed to hang on despite taking a few HUGE hits, prone to knockouts?

Maybe the country will support him more now? Doubt it though..... 

Ogogo also won, 2nd round knockout in his first pro fight.

Mayweather just comfortably won again.. He said he's looking at eading over to the UK to extend the brand, and is looking for a big fight..

In his weight class, the only 2 that stand out are Kell Brook and Amir Khan.. I'd love to see a fight up between them two to see who gets a shot at Mayweather.. Although either would be easy picking for Money..

Mayweather is the best.. And by a long way too.. Pacquiao was as good but he's slightly past it now and certainly lost his major speed in his past few fights.. They'll never fight.. But what makes Mayweather so good is his decision making.. The guy is the biggest name in boxing, he'll never put himself out of his comfort zone, all of his fights over the past 6 years have been fights that he's made, at his perfect weight and under his rules..

He's naturally the best defensive boxer ever.. No doubt.. But because he can choose his weights, he can remove the power from those coming down a weight, and he can remove the speed of those moving up a weight.. He's ranged at 140, 147 and 154 and on each occasion it's suited him far better than his opponent.. The only time he went a tad out of his comfort zone was to fight Coutto at 154 but Coutto lacks power so it was never a problem.

If Money wants the challenge of his life, he'll fight Mexican Saul Alvarez aka el canelo... The guy at 154 is the best boxer in the world, undefeated, has the power of a bull (well the power of a guy over 160 at least) and he's fast and also worldclass in his defence.. At 154 he'd pound Floyd and that would be his first loss IMO, but he'll pull the strings and try and get Canelo down to 147 to remove abit of power.. Even so it would be finely poised and possibly the greatest fight at Welterweight for a long long time

Bris as informed as you are mayweather i have never seen look uncomfortable in a fight, never.......

Ive only seen him been hit a flush a few times, he has already fought some of the best pound for pound boxers ever. 

I cant see him ever losing to much money in retaining that unbeaten record! 

Agree the pacquio fight is never going to happen, he just hasnt looked the same boxer recently

Archived