Under-fire QPR defender Chris Samba tries to quell Twitter row

Derbiean

QPR defender Chris Samba has attempted to appease fans following a war of words on Twitter.

The 29-year-old was at fault for Fulham's opening two goals in what ended up as a 3-2 defeat at Craven Cottage.

Samba apologised to supporters on the social networking site after the game but was soon drawn into a row over his hefty wages - reported to be £100,000 a week.

Returning to Twitter on Tuesday, he wrote: "Good morning to all, hope u (sic) all ok and start today with a fresh mindset move on from what happen yesterday only way to overcome the past.

"Just to say I am human and like any others words can be upsetting, the money comments and performance tweets I can deal with to a degree."

Samba also hit out at the racism he suffered on Monday night after a user called him a "negro".

"As for the racist abuse I receive last nite I did not deserve at all ... to be called a negro for a game of football," he added.

"2013 kick racism out of football, retweet if you are against it thank you, no

matter what race sex or nationality STOP RACISM OUT OF FOOTBALL."

Samba offered fans the chance to win free tickets as a way of further apology.

Offering free tickets to a QPR match? Thats just cruel. B)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Footballer makes a mistake and gets hammered on Twitter, what no footballer as ever made a mistake? I'd love to see all the haters turn down 100k per week as well. Idiots.

All footballers should quit Twitter, just not worth the hassle.

Offering free tickets to a QPR match? Thats just cruel. B)

In fairness, the winner gets one free ticket.

The runner-up gets two.

Hilarious club.

Tax dodging Harry comes in saying he won't pull the owners pants down then signs a CL winner Julio Cesar, a French international in Remy and Samba who turned down Arsenal to go play in the snow for also ran Europa League side? I doubt he went there for the weather. All this and they haven't improved.

Sousa being told the team sheet and branded an idiot.

Warnock running around Morocco after Taraabt.

Hughes signing every has been that moves

The boutique club charging extortionate prices

It's simply a brilliant club. It has almost everything that's wrong with modern football(except it had the wrong Ferdinand) and its all ending nicely in an easy relegation. Not even dramatic. Just a pathetic whimper.

Lol.

Or should I say

ROFLMFAO.

I'm guessing Samba didnt "play like Barcelona" then?

Relegation number 3 for Arry, how long will it take Sky/BBC/Sun to forget about this one?

Another club under his management that could have financial difficulties to, funny coincidence ay?

Nah, but he's 'Arry! Because he has a cockney accent that sounds a bit like Delboy, he must be a wheeler-dealer, ergo an amazing manager.

If QPR go down, it's just because sometimes, evil is just too strong a force for the Arry Magic to break.

Feel really sad for everyone at the club. They're all football people there.

Relegation number 3 for Arry, how long will it take Sky/BBC/Sun to forget about this one?

Another club under his management that could have financial difficulties to, funny coincidence ay?

At least he'd have had no money to spend if the media had got him that England job. No relegation either.

Or even that Ukraine job he 'nearly' took..

Archived