Are Derby an attractive investment?

Gritty

But don't you think it was a responsible thing to do to try and pass the club on to a grouping with more financial muscle?Can't you see that they'd moved us on from the starting point they inherited? You also have to factor in the fact that we got promoted one year into a 3 year plan.It takes time to get finances organised and turn assets into liquid assets,if needs be.We'll never know what would have happened if they'd stayed the term in the Championship.Who knows,they may have had plans to try and bring more investment in when reaching the Prem.A straight promotion gives you more time to organise than a Wembley win.In many ways,they may have been victims of their own premature success?

Fed up with this now. May be it's a personal thing i just wouldn't say LOG were great owners. I'm not keen on any americans but while they are running the club i will support them. While there is some improvement i'll be happy. Any way I'm getting back to my one liners.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Restructured all the debts (around £70m I believe) left by the three amigos, renegotiated a very low mortgage rate on the stadium (which GSE are still benefitting from today), turned around a team that was on it's knees when they took over, without a striker on the books, and won promotion to the Prem within 1 season, left us with a parachute payment still to come, and placed us in the hands of a company prepared to invest another £50m in the club.

Yeah, you're right, not much.

So you call that success then.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> haha, I'm speechless.

Archived