The future

Igorwasking

Right, let me first start of by saying that i, as much as anyone, feel deflated after Saturday. However, Nigel's post match interview got me thinking. His reference to the age of the squad, and the wage budget Blackburn enjoy - suggested to me that he is as frustrated as the fans with the parametres he is having to work in. This could prove to be interesting going forward, if that is the case...

Aditionally, i was also interested that Theo wasn't even in the squad. Maybe it really was tonsilitis, maybe something else is going on - who knows. However, we know Tyson has moved on (and in my opinion will not be back). It appears that Theo has fallen out with Clough/dropped down the pecking order - so i for one would not be at all surprised to see him move in this transfer window (he has been linked with various clubs - Peterborough most recently i believe?). I would not be surprised to see Theo leave, and another striker come in (i see talk of Johnny Russell coming in have resurfaced).

So two questions emerge shortly;

a) Will Clough walk out as the environment he is working in is too challenging?

b ) Will two of our strikers make way for a new one coming in this window?

Lastly, the question i would like answered, is;

c) Will Clough leave one of Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick on the bench, and play a 4-4-2?

For me, you cannot play Hughes, and two wide men - so i would rest Hughes, and play Coutts, Hendrick, Bryson and Jacobs - with Sammon and Ward upfront. In fact i would go further and sell Hughes if a decent bid came in - as i think he is a player that does not allow balance in our team, unless we significantly change the team.

So, going forward, 4-4-2, 6-10m raised funds from Hughes sale, and a forward line on Sammon & Russell - would the masses be happier or more angry - and would Clough put up with it?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, let me first start of by saying that i, as much as anyone, feel deflated after Saturday. However, Nigel's post match interview got me thinking. His reference to the age of the squad, and the wage budget Blackburn enjoy - suggested to me that he is as frustrated as the fans with the parametres he is having to work in. This could prove to be interesting going forward, if that is the case...

So two questions emerge shortly;

a) Will Clough walk out as the environment he is working in is too challenging?

b ) Will two of our strikers make way for a new one coming in this window?

c) Will Clough leave one of Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick on the bench, and play a 4-4-2?

a) He is getting paid lots of money to do a job he must have dreamt of when he is younger. And why go back all the hard work done already.

b ) If Theo and Tyson go....... yes. I could really see the possibility of those two being taken off the wage bill and us signing a striker. This striker could be a Billy Sharp/Johnny Russel or it could be some random league 2 guy or scottish, time will tell.

c) Hughes is a class player but his dip in form means he should be dropped for huddersfield and play 442. I agree.

a) Why would he walk away from a job where he's paid well and know he isn't going to get sacked, not like he's going to easily walk into another job at this level.

b[size=1].[/size]) I'd hapilly get rid of all of them and keep, Ward, Jacobs and Bennett if we sign another, chances of this are less than 0.1%

c) No, unless one of them is injured.

Archived