Underfunded

inofthepost

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you for correcting that

Without being too harsh, you write like you're a high school kid in the lower years. The way you format, use punctuation and spell is dreadful. God help your English Language teacher as he/she must be tearing their hair out with you.

Oh yeah, for your name...it's off not of.

*and breathe!*

Without being too harsh, you write like you're a high school kid in the lower years. The way you format, use punctuation and spell is dreadful. God help your English Language teacher as he/she must be tearing their hair out with you.

Oh yeah, for your name...it's off not of.

*and breathe!*

Well sorry. Mr/Mrs Prefect.

So basically,you're saying that we should sell our best players to cover losses and bring in lower league/SPL replacements for 10 years +,unless constantly chopping and changing the team brings promotion?

i'd say thats what we are doing now... or will be... this is the new phase. phase one was getting rid of all the ***** before. i dont think its a bad business model. until you get stupid tv money you cant compete any other way. can you?

i'd say thats what we are doing now... or will be... this is the new phase. phase one was getting rid of all the ***** before. i dont think its a bad business model. until you get stupid tv money you cant compete any other way. can you?

i mean there are different sponsers, also advertising around the ground. but no serious cash

I suppose that,in the most basic words,it appears nigh on impossible for even a club of our size to achieve cash break even without really big crowds,in the Championship..The £7m+ figure I gave for 10/11 expenses less wages (11/12 little different) compares to Cardiff's (only other club I've looked at) figure of £5.77m.Even if we had their figure,we'd still be making cash losses of well over £1m.

As far as the Liverpool quote goes,the asset value rather decreases if you make a string of bad signings.More than anything else,it's the ability (or otherwise) of the manager that really shapes the fortunes of a club.BC drove up the asset value of our club,not the board.Others destroyed it.

I meant in terms terms of the asset value but I fully understand what you are saying about the effects of being sucesssful or not

Would that cardiff comparision be net of all associated transfer fees etc, just seems mad that its not possible to clear a profit in this league without a) remarkable back office set up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> parachute payments

I know you love looking into these reports 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> , surely you should be forum sponsored have a whip around to cover the cost of the reports

I'm not sure you can call it a 'phase' when they just make it up as they go along, can you?

It certainly wasn't the plan when they started off, I'm sure they'd have been expecting days out at Manure and Arsenholes by now after putting in £50 mill.

I meant in terms terms of the asset value but I fully understand what you are saying about the effects of being sucesssful or not

Would that cardiff comparision be net of all associated transfer fees etc, just seems mad that its not possible to clear a profit in this league without a) remarkable back office set up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> parachute payments

I know you love looking into these reports 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> , surely you should be forum sponsored have a whip around to cover the cost of the reports

I was really talking about asset value,as players' registrations are classed as assets and therefore form part of the asset value.Therefore,if you waste millions of pounds on dud players you're depleting assets.If,on the other hand,you spend wisely and gain success you'll no doubt increase asset value.

As far as Cardiff goes,transfer fees didn't come into the equation.I merely wanted to see how another club compared to us on total operational expenses minus wages and paper transactions.They were lower,by well over £1m.On the other hand,their total wages came to over £20m (£21m+ from memory) in 10/11,but there again they are top of the league!

I can handle the odd quid every now and again-not so easy if someone asks me to examine a raft of clubs all at once (and I wouldn't fancy it anyway).I tend to look at odd clubs whose situations fascinate me.For example,I'm monitoring Boro to see how they're trying to adjust to FFP.Never ask me to look at Forest-they can do their own dirty work!

Without wishing to spark a moral debate,and purely on a factual basis,the two most competitive clubs at the moment don't operate sustainable models (in the sense of self sufficiency;any model is sustainable if the owners are willing to sustain it),which rather answers your last point.

Your model seems to revolve around producing gems and flogging any quality,to be replaced by budget buys,who if they're any good would get flogged to buy more budget buys etc.Seems like that leaves us with an average team with the occasional flicker.I don't know what happens to the model if attendances plummet-perhaps that's stage 3?

Not at all.

To be honest I'm a fan of the team rather than the club and its operations, I'm not a businessman. But if we're making losses then bringing good players through (which we are doing) rather than buying them HAS to be the right thing to do, rather than spunking cash on players.

That's the only point I'm making here.

Spunking is a wholly underused word in my humble opinion. Poll?

I was really talking about asset value,as players' registrations are classed as assets and therefore form part of the asset value.Therefore,if you waste millions of pounds on dud players you're depleting assets.If,on the other hand,you spend wisely and gain success you'll no doubt increase asset value.

As far as Cardiff goes,transfer fees didn't come into the equation.I merely wanted to see how another club compared to us on total operational expenses minus wages and paper transactions.They were lower,by well over £1m.On the other hand,their total wages came to over £20m (£21m+ from memory) in 10/11,but there again they are top of the league!

I can handle the odd quid every now and again-not so easy if someone asks me to examine a raft of clubs all at once (and I wouldn't fancy it anyway).I tend to look at odd clubs whose situations fascinate me.For example,I'm monitoring Boro to see how they're trying to adjust to FFP.Never ask me to look at Forest-they can do their own dirty work!

You could take a hint out of derbys phonebook,

Ramblur

-This accounts review was sponsored by xxxx

Without wishing to spark a moral debate,and purely on a factual basis,the two most competitive clubs at the moment don't operate sustainable models (in the sense of self sufficiency;any model is sustainable if the owners are willing to sustain it),which rather answers your last point.

Your model seems to revolve around producing gems and flogging any quality,to be replaced by budget buys,who if they're any good would get flogged to buy more budget buys etc.Seems like that leaves us with an average team with the occasional flicker.I don't know what happens to the model if attendances plummet-perhaps that's stage 3?

yeah...sounds kind of bleak though dunt it.

Archived