Underfunded

inofthepost

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all.

To be honest I'm a fan of the team rather than the club and its operations, I'm not a businessman. But if we're making losses then bringing good players through (which we are doing) rather than buying them HAS to be the right thing to do, rather than spunking cash on players.

That's the only point I'm making here.

Not having a go,just fascinated to know what fans believe this new buzz word 'sustainability' to mean.From what you've said,you really support youth development rather than sustainability? If it were sustainability,you'd have to address the losses.

Not having a go,just fascinated to know what fans believe this new buzz word 'sustainability' to mean.From what you've said,you really support youth development rather than sustainability? If it were sustainability,you'd have to address the losses.

selling hughes would clear that debt and some though wouldnt it? he's right about the tomatos shirley

selling hughes would clear that debt and some though wouldnt it? he's right about the tomatos shirley

It's not a debt,it's an annual loss,so how many years of this annual loss would a Hughes sale cover,and still leave money to replace him and improve the team,shirley?

am I missing something???

It always cracks me up how fans are willing to spend the owners money, they have already put in £8million this year, no doubt will be a similar figure next year for other capital projects that are going on,

I understand fans arent patiant by our nature but come on!

We all know that spending cash willy nilly doesnt necessarily mean promotion, rome wasnt built in a day etc etc.

If you dont like what the owners are doing buy the club off them for the £50 million of your own money, spend the money you want to rebuild, and dont forget to cover the losses year in year out.

as much as its a geeky thing to say we should be proud of what they are trying to achieve at the club, sustainability.

I can remember seeing an interview where nigel doherty was saying he isnt the owner of the club just a mere custodian for short time in its history, look at where his £100 million got them!!

Im by no means as much as a fan as some on here, and by no means a board in person,

Have our owners put in 8m this year? I didn't know this, was it an investment or a loan?

It's not a debt,it's an annual loss,so how many years of this annual loss would a Hughes sale cover,and still leave money to replace him and improve the team,shirley?

debt annual loss.... i thought they were the same thing really... im not up on these things. lets say....."stuff we havent got"... so 8 odd million last year was it...? maybe 2 or 3 of that is squad investment already int it? so... wipes away some..(im rubbish with maths ) then pick up another kid...ie.. jacobs or a bryson.. with our 2nd to none national scouting system. or nigels brother as friends call him... sell on another one who made abit on them or whatever. i know it sounds all abit slow and like youre selling your best assets. but thats proberbly the only way to self sustain. all these clubs that throw money around dont have so much more than us.... but give it 10 years and we will still have a club. eggs and baskets and all that.

I missed that, who was he?

Brian Howard Clough Born- 21st march 1935 died- 20 september 2004

Born in Middlesbrough, he was a 5ft 10in striker. who played for Middlesbrough and Bilingham Synthonia

and Middlesnorough and sunderland in is senior career. and also played for England at U23 level as well as the B team then the first team. As a player Clough was a prolific goal scorer. scoring 251 goals in 274 games. Clough retired from playing at 29 after shuffering a anterior cruciate ligament damage. as a manager he managed Hartlepool United, Derby, Brighton, Leeds and Forest.

You did ask 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Ramblur,

in as basic words as possible whats the issue with derby as a business model, how can we have very low interest bearing debt, but still make losses, of such an amount,

is it simply that its just the way football is or is there something different about derby,

( I must admit I read an article, about the liverpool bloke who said that with sports franchise you expect annual loses but its the asset value that increase over time) no sure how true that is or why I put it in brackets

talking about financial state of affairs. the board relieved that the club made a loss of £7.7million in the last financial year.

and that the clubs debt as risen from 19,1 to 25.5m

so if we aint buying players then weres it going. because the loan they have is interest free??

Ramblur,

in as basic words as possible whats the issue with derby as a business model, how can we have very low interest bearing debt, but still make losses, of such an amount,

is it simply that its just the way football is or is there something different about derby,

( I must admit I read an article, about the liverpool bloke who said that with sports franchise you expect annual loses but its the asset value that increase over time) no sure how true that is or why I put it in brackets

I suppose that,in the most basic words,it appears nigh on impossible for even a club of our size to achieve cash break even without really big crowds,in the Championship..The £7m+ figure I gave for 10/11 expenses less wages (11/12 little different) compares to Cardiff's (only other club I've looked at) figure of £5.77m.Even if we had their figure,we'd still be making cash losses of well over £1m.

As far as the Liverpool quote goes,the asset value rather decreases if you make a string of bad signings.More than anything else,it's the ability (or otherwise) of the manager that really shapes the fortunes of a club.BC drove up the asset value of our club,not the board.Others destroyed it.

talking about financial state of affairs. the board relieved that the club made a loss of £7.7million in the last financial year.

so if we aint buying players then weres it going. because the loan they have is interest free??

Still loans though arent they? Interest free or not they are debts.....not that I'm saying that's what the increase is.

debt annual loss.... i thought they were the same thing really... im not up on these things. lets say....."stuff we havent got"... so 8 odd million last year was it...? maybe 2 or 3 of that is squad investment already int it? so... wipes away some..(im rubbish with maths ) then pick up another kid...ie.. jacobs or a bryson.. with our 2nd to none national scouting system. or nigels brother as friends call him... sell on another one who made abit on them or whatever. i know it sounds all abit slow and like youre selling your best assets. but thats proberbly the only way to self sustain. all these clubs that throw money around dont have so much more than us.... but give it 10 years and we will still have a club. eggs and baskets and all that.

So basically,you're saying that we should sell our best players to cover losses and bring in lower league/SPL replacements for 10 years +,unless constantly chopping and changing the team brings promotion?

Wrong year.

Archived