What would you like to happen to the rams in 2013????

Derby born & bred

Josh Lelan to put some pressure on the fullbacks.

Bennett to get some games on loan

Matts Morch to get afew games on loan

A good foreigner in the side who adds something different

A beast of a defender who scares the opposition shitless

Conor Doyle to show he is worthy of a professional contract

you did so well until that last bit.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep churning out the youngsters. Would be great to have a team with Morch, Lelan, O'Brien, Hendrick, Hughes, Bennett and Ball next season. It's not too exciting supporting Derby at the moment but I have faith that our young players will take us to the Premier League at some point in the next few years.

With some experience I think Ball and Bennett could be an exciting pairing upfront. Little n Large.

Obviously primarily it's good for us on the pitch to keep producing youngsters, but a secondary positive is the money it yearns, which we'll probably find out with Will Hughes over the next 12 months.

Just keep churning out the youngsters. Would be great to have a team with Morch, Lelan, O'Brien, Hendrick, Hughes, Bennett and Ball next season. It's not too exciting supporting Derby at the moment but I have faith that our young players will take us to the Premier League at some point in the next few years.

With some experience I think Ball and Bennett could be an exciting pairing upfront. Little n Large.

Obviously primarily it's good for us on the pitch to keep producing youngsters, but a secondary positive is the money it yearns, which we'll probably find out with Will Hughes over the next 12 months.

I actually like that idea of Ball coming back from Coventry and Bennett alongside him like Little large...very good and why not? because Theo, Tyson and the fish are not doing much at the moment.

I do think if we discover any talent from the academy within a season they will be sold i.e. Hughes will be gone bye season end if not before and maybe Bennett after hearing Man Unt and Everton was looking at him last season before he got injured.

It would be a nice thought if we could keep Bryson and Hughes and build around them sort of players, but with Derby at the moment we are a selling club FACT and when i recall Glick & Appleby saying we dont need to sell shackle then a week later hes gone for an undisclosed fee it tells me all i need to know about the owners and their intentions and ambition for the club and GSE obviously advising these owners what to do.

It's good we are producing some talented youngsters. Sadly for me the board lack any ambition and I don't believe clough is a good manager to take us up. We are bang average mid table and that's where I think we will stay for ten next few years.

I agree totally on the board(GSE) and owners not having any ambition, but would like to see Clough in the hands of new owners and see what they would give him and see if he would do anytihng different than what hes doing now with the restraints he is working under with current lot. I also agree that we are a mid table team and look like staying there for the foreseable future under the current owners as they have no ambitiontot ake us forward and bye that i mean look at were we are now and make a not to big investment in 2 quality players to take us into the play-offs.

Do you really believe that our talented youngsters won't want to join a club whose owners and manager share their ambition to achieve wealth and success, do you really believe that the shareholders won't sell any/all of them for the first decent bid they get, do you really believe that this won't be repeated time and again should we be fortunate enough to keep finding talented youngsters that have'nt opted to join a big midlands club like stoke or leicester ?

If you really believe this then would you interested in purchasing some magic beans ?

I want Conor Doyle to play up front!!!!!

He scored when playing up front for the USA

And i think i am right in saying he is top goalscorer for the Under 21's.

Stop playing him on the right of midfield as evidently i am better than him in that position and he lacks confidence on the ball.

He has not played up front for the Rams ever.

Either he will be released or run down his contract play him one or two games up front and if he really is dog poo i will have no problems but at the moment he is just a wasted wage asset.

Dont worry i dont think he is good but his goal scoring for the under 21's means he deserves at least one game up front in the first team.

Do you really believe that our talented youngsters won't want to join a club whose owners and manager share their ambition to achieve wealth and success, do you really believe that the shareholders won't sell any/all of them for the first decent bid they get, do you really believe that this won't be repeated time and again should we be fortunate enough to keep finding talented youngsters that have'nt opted to join a big midlands club like stoke or leicester ?

If you really believe this then would you interested in purchasing some magic beans ?

Keep your magic beans mate. Unless they'll help me get rid of my festive ale gut.

I did say in my post that if we can't keep hold of players it's still a worthwhile exercise bringing them through if they can be sold for a decent amount of money that can be reinvested. I suspect all of the mentioned will be sold at some point - every player has his price. But unless a club's first offer is acceptable I don't think we'll accept it. Tom Huddlestone's case study will be pinned against the wall, and I suspect, if the owners are as keen for cash as you suggest, that they'll want a decent price for all talented youth players.

I'm not for a minute suggesting we're Barcelona and will become champions organically - people will always come and go. I just don't think that we're absolutely desperate to sell at the first opportunity. If we were, we probably could've sold Hendrick, Bennett and Hughes by now.

[size=5]This is 2013 first half of the year[/size]

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton Roberts

Coutts Hughes Bryson Jacobs

Sammon Ward

Can that team make the top 10?? I think maybe but not playoffs.

[size=5]Potential 2013/14 start of season[/size]

[size=5] [/size] Fielding

Brayford Barker Keogh New LB

Coutts Hughes Bryson Jacobs

Sammon Ward

Same again i think this team is good enough for a top 10 but not a cemented playoffs position.

So what needs to improve??

I think most fans would agree every player in that team is good enough. However i would argue the team as a whole isn't good enough to get promoted. That's the dilemma I think we have.

I agree totally on the board(GSE) and owners not having any ambition, but would like to see Clough in the hands of new owners and see what they would give him and see if he would do anytihng different than what hes doing now with the restraints he is working under with current lot. I also agree that we are a mid table team and look like staying there for the foreseable future under the current owners as they have no ambitiontot ake us forward and bye that i mean look at were we are now and make a not to big investment in 2 quality players to take us into the play-offs.

Yes so let's put the club up for sale and to be bought by some arab billionaire family.......or would you want the "savior" Peter Gadsby to come and buy us?

Yes so let's put the club up for sale and to be bought by some arab billionaire family.......or would you want the "savior" Peter Gadsby to come and buy us?

No not interested in all these bloody Arab Billionaires as we saw what has happened down the road, but I am sure there is someone out there that sees the potential in DCFC and its support the club has. I,m not interested in having Peter Gadsby back, never liked him and think he turned his back on Derby and sold us out, but if he came back and bought us out form these owners and kicked out GSE then I would be happy for the time being... at least with Peter you got a hell of a ride with this lot its just boring boring boring and lots are losing interest.

No not interested in all these bloody Arab Billionaires as we saw what has happened down the road, but I am sure there is someone out there that sees the potential in DCFC and its support the club has. I,m not interested in having Peter Gadsby back, never liked him and think he turned his back on Derby and sold us out, but if he came back and bought us out form these owners and kicked out GSE then I would be happy for the time being... at least with Peter you got a hell of a ride with this lot its just boring boring boring and lots are losing interest.

So who would you want in charge?

So who would you want in charge?

Silly question. We dont know who is looking at which club right now, in football things happen s quick as we saw with SOD down the road, its all about money my freind and if someone offered the owners enough they would be gone tomorrow.

So who would I want incharge????

Someone who can see the massive potential of this great club of ours and knows if we are doing well we could fill PPS twiced over because as one great person said "WE ARE A FOOTBALLING TOWN" and allways will be.

Silly question. We dont know who is looking at which club right now, in football things happen s quick as we saw with SOD down the road, its all about money my freind and if someone offered the owners enough they would be gone tomorrow.

So who would I want incharge????

Someone who can see the massive potential of this great club of ours and knows if we are doing well we could fill PPS twiced over because as one great person said "WE ARE A FOOTBALLING TOWN" and allways will be.

It's not really a silly question? If you're so keen on anti board then shout up who you would want.

GSE see a massive potential but they want us to be a successful business (which is what a footy club is nowadays) i.e not ending up with players on stupid wages and fees which'll turn our club into a mess again. They tried that and failed with Jewell, players on silly money, going for the one shot back into the prem.

I've repeated this point too many times...blame Jewell, not the current board!

It's not really a silly question? If you're so keen on anti board then shout up who you would want.

GSE see a massive potential but they want us to do it the right way i.e not ending up with players on stupid wages and fees which'll turn our club into a mess again. They tried that and failed with Jewell, players on silly money, going for the one shot back into the prem.

I've repeated this point too many times...blame Jewell, not the current board!

I realy dont need to shout up who I would want, as i am sure there is plenty out there already looking at Derby as a potential buy.

Your the typical fan who sees GSE as our great savours when you say silly talk like "GSE see a massive potential"..all they see is DOLLAR signs my freind and the sooner you understand this the better it will be for you, me and everyone else who believes GSE are here to save us and make us great again because that wont happen undere their tender.

I realy dont need to shout up who I would want, as i am sure there is plenty out there already looking at Derby as a potential buy.

Your the typical fan who sees GSE as our great savours when you say silly talk like "GSE see a massive potential"..all they see is DOLLAR signs my freind and the sooner you understand this the better it will be for you, me and everyone else who believes GSE are here to save us and make us great again because that wont happen undere their tender.

You've just twisted the question on me now. I never said they were saviors? I said they're good businessmen, who won't see us end up like a Rangers or Pompey.

Archived