Clough accommodating players

Stedcfc

Yes in the Championship.. 92 points probably would be enough..

But that's not to say we should always be happy with a draw away because we all know that there isn't a team out there that has won every home game..

It's a pointless saying because we all know that we won't win every home game.. There isn't a team in Europe that has won every home game.. Cardiff had the best until they lost to Peterborough I think Barca now have the best with one draw..

I'd be very disappointed if we only managed 23 points away from home.. It puts an enourmous amount of pressure on our home games to get maximum points..

That's why it's a saying - it's not meant to be literal. What it means us if you average 4 points every 2 games you will win the title. Ie in any 6 game block you need 12 points / be that 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws.

Or you could say in 10 games you need 20 points which could be 6 wins and 2 draws.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why it's a saying - it's not meant to be literal. What it means us if you average 4 points every 2 games you will win the title. Ie in any 6 game block you need 12 points / be that 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws.

Or you could say in 10 games you need 20 points which could be 6 wins and 2 draws.

Or in 46 games 23 wins and 23 draws, 30 wins and 2 draws with 14 losses. Regardless of location of games.

The difference between Clough's formation and the formations of those knowitalls that say 442 is better etc. is that the only team that actually plays is the one chosen by the manager. In there minds the 442 would have played, for example, Hull off the park and we would be in the top 6. In the real world that 442 may have actually lost 4-0 - we will never know. But, as the management team has more experience of playing and and managing professional football I think I will back their team selections rather than those who just watch.

We are a mid-table Championship side, we will lose to top of the table sides. We simply do not have the players to be a top side at the minute, moaning about the formations is not going to help.

Archived