Red dog game-fingers crossed this time!

MuespachRam

Tell us more.................

Nottingham Forest welcome the decision of a Football Association tribunal to grant a work permit to Khalid Al-Rashidi.

[size=3]The decision opens the way for the 25 year old goalkeeper to join Alex McLeish’s Reds squad and become the first Kuwaiti to play in England.

Chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi said: “I would like to thank the FA tribunal for reaching a positive outcome for the Club and for Khalid.

“He is excited about the prospect of become the first Kuwaiti to play in English football and helping to spread the name of Nottingham Forest in Kuwait.”

Al-Rashidi, who spent a month on trial at The City Ground last summer, has been capped more than 30 times by his country.

He has been watched in action for his club side Al Arabi by Forest’s goalkeeping coach Paul Barron, who was among the Reds delegation that attended the tribunal.

Manager McLeish, Head of Recruitment and Scouting Keith Burt and Chief Executive Mark Arthur also attended the tribunal at Wembley[/size]

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vastly improved with a massive budget cut? Impressive management if that's true.

Aye, just imagine if clough had to have a massive budget cut yet improve the team 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

It was cancelled last time because people complained it was too difficult to get to the ground from the Peak District and matlock etc. Plus Forest fans couldn't get to game either. 10 Inches of snow forecast for Peak District Friday. Not looking good again for game go ahead particularly as its early kick off. PS Pride Park and areas immediately surrounding the ground last season were fine. It was all about fans travelling in and most people on here agreed it was right to cancel

the game. Incidentally I wanted it played last season and even went to the ground.

It was cancelled last time because of what happened to the chairman, nothing to do with people not being able to get to the ground....as we proved by travelling from Switzerland....

If it is off.....that's it, i am done with it all.

It was cancelled last time because of what happened to the chairman, nothing to do with people not being able to get to the ground....as we proved by travelling from Switzerland....

If it is off.....that's it, i am done with it all.

It was definitely cancelled due to snow. They were planning black armbands for Nigel Doughty.

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-v-Forest-postponed-snow/story-15138287-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

"DERBY County's Championship match against Nottingham Forest has been postponed due to the bad weather.

The fixture, due to take place at Pride Park Stadium today (Sunday, 12.15pm), was called off on safety grounds following heavy snow overnight."

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-tributes-Doughty-shock-death-Forest-owner/story-15146470-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisder...tail/story.html

"Derby and Forest players were due to wear black armbands in memory of Doughty in yesterday's Championship clash between the two arch rivals.

However, the fixture was postponed on safety grounds following heavy snow on Saturday night."

Not snowing here (about 8 miles from Derby) - although there have been reports of it slightly snowing in Derby. Tomorrow is going to be the decider.

Think you are right, spoke to the club they are "very hopefull"

Went for the final team meertng before the trip last night....handed out song sheets in English, boarding passes, hotel info amd lots of useful phrases like "help me, my name is Jacques, i speak no English, please take me to the match"

They are all so excited and so worried about it being called off again, i think the think Derby is at the top if some mysterious mountain range in England..!!

It's always the same when we get set up for some sort of extreme weather - it almost never happens. Then we usually get caught out by it another time.

All this whittling and worrying will pale into insignificance when you're all standing on the hallowed turf on Saturday and afterwards when you have witnessed another victory over those reddogs. I hope Derby County treat you with the respect you all deserve for making this journey again and to you for introducing your many friends to our wonderful club. *wipes tear from eye*

If it's called off Muespach, I'd be gutted for you and your mates, really I would.

If you do have to cancel, will you get your money back? Do you have any type of insurance for if it's cancelled?

{content}
Respect to you Muespach for all of this. I guess you have the weight of responsibility. Will you travel to the UK anyway? How late can you call it off if needs be? Just to say the BBC forecast is for LIGHT snow Friday & Sat.[/indent]

I just saw that... and have volunteered us allto help them shovel it away on Friday night if they like!

we are going to travel, Easy Jet offer no refunds etc, so its pointless not to...havign said that, it is completely white over here now, a couple of feet expected too.. agghgh

It's always the same when we get set up for some sort of extreme weather - it almost never happens. Then we usually get caught out by it another time.

All this whittling and worrying will pale into insignificance when you're all standing on the hallowed turf on Saturday and afterwards when you have witnessed another victory over those reddogs. I hope Derby County treat you with the respect you all deserve for making this journey again and to you for introducing your many friends to our wonderful club. *wipes tear from eye*

I hope you are right..... we are meeting with Barker before the game, they can't wait for that..!

The greatest football club in the world......i just hope they get to see them.

If it's called off Muespach, I'd be gutted for you and your mates, really I would.

If you do have to cancel, will you get your money back? Do you have any type of insurance for if it's cancelled?

If it is of....everyon to the Waterfall...I am going to show you how it is possible to drown in a pint of Abbot......

I am emailing all the travel companies now about what we have booked..... why can't it be a summer sport??

Archived