Shearer "totally convinced"

Day

Newcastle manager Alan Shearer says he is "totally convinced" that his side will avoid relegation.

The Magpies, who travel to Aston Villa for their final game on Sunday, are a point adrift of safety and are relying on other results to go their way.

"I am totally convinced we will get out of it, yes, and more importantly, so are my players," said Shearer.

"We know what's at stake. I'm confident we can go there and give our great fans something to shout about, I really am."

Newcastle must better Hull's result at home against champions Manchester United to avoid being relegated to the second tier of English football.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8063179.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/8063179.stm

Sorry Mr Shearer but I'm totally convinced we'l see you in the Championship next season.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want Newcastle to come down - mainly to shut the pundits up who keep rattling on about how big a club they are - plus i have never been to their ground and i don't like Hull's ground - horrible place - heavily over-policed last time i went and were heavy handed with some of our fans for no reason.

Newcastle stay up - MOTD and Sky Sports will keep wanting to give Newcastle United head whenever they talk about them.

Hull stay up - Headlines in the tabloids will be "To Hull and back" and everyone will talk about how they're such a good Premiership club and have loads of fans, even though they have really just jumped on the bandwagon and Hull is a rugby town.

Wish they'd both get bloody relegated!

• 2 weeks later...

What's happening at Newcastle it's all gone strangly quiet, you would of thought they would have made an announcement on the future of Shearer by now, players will be back in pre-season training in a couple of weeks.

Archived