Online poker

SillyBilly

Just came third on the stars 180 man $4.50 sng, all in for a massive pot to take comfortable chip lead with my jj v q9 and villain rivers a queen, disgusting although got lucky earlier to stay in so no complaints.

I've read quite a bit about the 180 sngs on stars and why they're a good route to go down to build a bankroll, i made the final table last night and if i make it past the first hour or so im quite confident of going deep. Recommend them for anyone.

[url=http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/23/small-stakes-mtt/shauns-beginners-guide-180s-827/]http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/23/small-stakes-mtt/shauns-beginners-guide-180s-827/ Pro Shaun Deeb gives a good strategy advice which is worth a read, i was doing similar myself but picked up a few good pointers there.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just came third on the stars 180 man $4.50 sng, all in for a massive pot to take comfortable chip lead with my jj v q9 and villain rivers a queen, disgusting although got lucky earlier to stay in so no complaints.

I've read quite a bit about the 180 sngs on stars and why they're a good route to go down to build a bankroll, i made the final table last night and if i make it past the first hour or so im quite confident of going deep. Recommend them for anyone.

[url=http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/23/small-stakes-mtt/shauns-beginners-guide-180s-827/]http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/23/small-stakes-mtt/shauns-beginners-guide-180s-827/ Pro Shaun Deeb gives a good strategy advice which is worth a read, i was doing similar myself but picked up a few good pointers there.

Anybody?

Those $4.50 180 man SnG are good because you get 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes between blinds. Handy because we only start with 1500 chips and we can play more patiently.

Having said that, it's extremely frustrating when you get to the nitty gritty period when there's between 18 and 40 people left, you've got a sweet starting hand and some dude calls you off with Q9o and hits his card.

I came 2nd in one of these, never won it. Takes about 4+ hours.

Similar thing happened to me last night, I tried to take out someone who hit a pair of 5's on the river after having a pair of 8's on the flop. I had AA after the flop and went in heavy, content in thinking I'll be happy to take the blinds if he folds and 9 times out of 10 take him out the game if he calls. It became personal after that, I had f all for ages and he called me on a pair of 10's and later a pair of 9's (literally all I had in 25+ hands), he had same pairs but won on higher card! I was fuming, went out shortly afterwards losing to a straight with a 2 pair. I wouldn't have played it much differently, at the end of the day when you're not a pro you do need the cards to at least be reasonable to you.

Finished night exactly at break even but felt disappointed.

Those $4.50 180 man SnG are good because you get 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes between blinds. Handy because we only start with 1500 chips and we can play more patiently.

Having said that, it's extremely frustrating when you get to the nitty gritty period when there's between 18 and 40 people left, you've got a sweet starting hand and some dude calls you off with Q9o and hits his card.

I came 2nd in one of these, never won it. Takes about 4+ hours.

That's exactly it imo, you can be far more patient early on and look to double up through the fish with a premium hand. It's far more of a tournament structure but doesnt go on for ever and can actually play some poker instead of allin/fold. You can be short stack in the last 27 but still have well over 10bbs. As you said though, you can get some massive stacks calling with any 2, but really that's a good thing as they normally leak chips.

I remember winning one of the old $11 180 man sngs, when they were broke down into $5.50 and $11 sngs instead of $3.50, $7 and $15. Won $550 when i was about 15 or 16, was absolutely buzzing at the time.

Archived