Craig Bryson

chesapeake

With all the stick fans give to other players one who seems to get away with it is Bryson. As a midfielder though what does he give you other than hard work. As we seem to struggle so much in the middle and he plays most of the time, perhaps his limitations are a bigger factor than many think.

Just a point to discuss the pros and cons. Perhaps he's done us a job this season and he's a guy we can move on and get better in for next season, with the aim to control more matches.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at Saturday first half when he was out wide we had nothing in the middle.

When Tyson came on and he moved central we had more of the ball, were better balanced, Hendrick wasn't doing doing the central role on his own and we managed to keep the ball long enough to make chances

Look at Saturday first half when he was out wide we had nothing in the middle.

When Tyson came on and he moved central we had more of the ball, were better balanced, Hendrick wasn't doing doing the central role on his own and we managed to keep the ball long enough to make chances

To be fair we had nothing second-half either no creativity, no skill, no pace in the play. We had more of the ball because they sat back behind the ball and created only very late.

To just blame it on one player is too simplistic, if we are honest we normally struggle in the middle no matter what players we pick there. I agree Tyson should have started, you need someone who can beat a man and get to the line. Even with Bryson in the middle though at the start I still think we would have struggled, they had superior midfield players to him on the park.

I can't see who'd better than him in the centre. He's good on the ball and at least looks like he's got some attacking intent.

Apart from when he's out wide then he has to come too deep to get the ball, which means it's very difficult for him to get forward.

Archived