Basil or Brent ?

vicky-27

According to the Sun Fawlty Towers is the sitcom by which all sitcoms should be judged, with The Office being the hit of the 21st century.

Well i can't stand The Office and i didn't think Fawlty Towers was that funny either - Only Fools wins by a mile to me.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The missus loves Faulty Towers, I bought her the boxset for christmas so i have no watched them all, they are funny but as you say Only Fools and Horses wins it hands down.

Only ever watched a couple of episodes of The Office but wasn't overly impressed.

Basil all the way. it's the sort of sitcom you can watch again and again with it being just as funny everytime. The slapstick is done well too.

A lot of Gervais' success in the office is from his facial expressions. (Watch the Horne and Corden sketch show where this is parodied.)

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;14493

Ricky Gervais just isn't that funny really. Most of extras was good but I much prefer his stand up.

come on joe did you see him at live 8 i think it was he was rubbish he had about 2 minutes of material then when he realised no-one found him funny he proceeded to do that annoying dance absolutely died on stage lol

I think Gervais epitomises everything thats wrong with British comedy nowadays.He is so far up his own arse its untrue.The office wasnt really funny.Extras was terrible.In my opinion,Fawlty Towers was quality but cannot compare to the brilliant Porridge.Ronnie Barker is my comedy hero.I have never seen a funnier man.

Archived