Sound problem

WorksopRam

Hello.

Wondering if anyone can help me please.. i can only seem to get sound from my computer when headphones are plugged in. i dont think it's a monitor problem because even when i use my tv as a monitor, i dont get sound from the speakers and have to stick some headphones in.

Any ideas?

Thanks xox

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When did the problem begin? Is this a new PC or new speakers? Have the speakers worked previously? Are your speakers mains powered? If so, are they switched on? Where are the speakers connected to the PC? Check that connection, make sure the plug on the end of the speaker wire that connects to the PC (the jack plug) is properly plugged in to the socket on the back of the PC. Try plugging your headphones into that same socket on the back of your PC. Make sure you plug your speaker into the green socket on the back of your PC, there may also be similar sockets that the jack plug will fit into that are coloured pink, blue or orange, if you plug your speakers into any of those then you'll get no sound out of them.

ahh right, cheers! is this the same if i'm using my tv as a monitor?

Depends how you're connecting your PC to your TV, but probably yes. If it's a newish pc then I guess you're connecting to your pc with an HDMI cable, but most PC's don't carry sound over their HDMI output so you would need a seperate cable to connect the sound output socket from your PC to the line in input socket on your tv. Same if it's an S-Video connection, or a D-sub connection, or DV-I connection.

Depends how you're connecting your PC to your TV, but probably yes. If it's a newish pc then I guess you're connecting to your pc with an HDMI cable, but most PC's don't carry sound over their HDMI output so you would need a seperate cable to connect the sound output socket from your PC to the line in input socket on your tv. Same if it's an S-Video connection, or a D-sub connection, or DV-I connection.

ok, thanks mate. will have a look at it

Archived