Groupon Derby vs Bristol 2 for £20

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont really see the prob with this??? the adult season tickets make games about £20.00 per match and i reckon my dad pays about £13.00 per match (cos hes an old biddy) over the term of a season thats a big saving from the £38.00 single ticket price

so if you dont buy a season ticket but just do the offers you will get 4 matches(roughly) a season at a tenner then the rest for about £40.00 whats the point of that????

just moaning if you ask me...id rather see the ground full if im honest

They can only do 4 offers per season exclusively for home fans. Nothing stopping them doing deals for every game so long as they offer a like for like deal for away fans as far as I know.

The South West corner (can't remember the exact details) offer for example would not fall under this so they can get away with doing it for every match. Bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who paid for a Season Ticket in that area if they do carry that on all season. Plus there's others obviously.

All the talk of having a full ground to increase atmosphere is rubbish.The atmosphere at the Hull match was non existant.The full crowd at the Southampton game didnt make any more noise.The people moaning are the ones who plod out hundreds of pounds before the season starts for their season ticket.They deserve loyalty and the best deal.

They can only do 4 offers per season exclusively for home fans. Nothing stopping them doing deals for every game so long as they offer a like for like deal for away fans as far as I know.

The South West corner (can't remember the exact details) offer for example would not fall under this so they can get away with doing it for every match. Bit of a kick in the teeth for everyone who paid for a Season Ticket in that area if they do carry that on all season. Plus there's others obviously.

If you work in the right place or know the right people there are deals available for every match. The disgrace and that is not too strong a word is that tickets will still be sold at £25 to £37 for this match, if you are doing a £2 for £20 make it available to all. I have been informed Group-On take over 50% of the cut of any revenue raised so basically we are giving them away.

The guy next to me in the West Stand paid the princely sum of £6.50 at the Hull game, when 6,500 tickets plus the usual freebies and complimentaries were handed out. So out of a gate of 30,000 around 12,000 got a free or severely discounted ticket if you count the 2,500 plus free kids ST'S. That is the scale of this and am I alone in feeling a mug for purchasing a ST. I would feel even more of a mug if I was one of the admittedly few who buy a full priced matchday ticket

As a long standing ST holder I am getting seriously fed up of all these offers.

I don;t mind the odd offer 2 or 3 times a season, but now we had had groupon offers for Hull & Southampton, £15 tickets for tomorrow, 2 for £20 for Bristol City, special offers for West Ham and Leeds combined, and £17 a ticket for Leeds if you work for various local employers.

It is totally devaluing the point of having a season ticket.

It smacks of GSE being totally desperate for cash if you ask me.

As a long standing ST holder I am getting seriously fed up of all these offers.

I don;t mind the odd offer 2 or 3 times a season, but now we had had groupon offers for Hull & Southampton, £15 tickets for tomorrow, 2 for £20 for Bristol City, special offers for West Ham and Leeds combined, and £17 a ticket for Leeds if you work for various local employers.

It is totally devaluing the point of having a season ticket.

It smacks of GSE being totally desperate for cash if you ask me.

I totally agree with this, y fork out a big hefty lump for a season ticket yet always seem to manage to get a cheap ticket every game, my mate is doing some play on the pitch scheme with derby and if he manages to sell enough tickets throughout the season he gets a match on pride park.. We normally do saint benedicts v Noel baker! He gets them for 12/13 a match n 16 for cat A games!! Wrong so wrong!!

I really don't mind the offers, but why use Groupon? Surely we've proven capability of selling/marketing our own deals/offers in the past. Why lose money to a third party. THAT my friends, is the real issue here.

And thank you to the original poster, who I believe was merely pointing it out for people to take advantage of, and not to start this thread again[size=3], and again​, and again[/size][size=2], and again, and again, and again[size=1], and again, and again, and again.......[/size][/size]

If it wasn't me, then someone else would have started the thread.

The place where my wife works have just used Groupon, and they indeed took 50%, however who to say Derby haven't struck a deal with groupon that it's only 40%, 30% or 20%? One thing my wife did say they noticed is it also a form of advertising, they said people was ring up the use the vouchers but was commenting that they never knew they where there, so maybe they trying to advertise on more national scale? Personally I don't think this would work in football, You're not going to get a Sheff weds fans taking up on the offer!

I would say like I said before it's my understanding that this is the last time we can use Groupon this season.

Archived