How would you deal with a burglar in your house?

ladyram

Well if someone's about to kick the **** out of you, that changes things completely, and self-defence is excusable then.

And yes, I would. And I hope I'll never be materialistic enough to attack someone to protect my stuff. Not saying I'd be OK with it, that's different, but I'm not the attacking type.

You could still kill them though

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree somethings can't be replaced, but neither can human life. Killing someone is inexcusable. If you do something in "self defence" and end up killing someone, you must have known you were going to cause serious injury, and you therefore deserve the full face of the law.

I'm not siding with the burglar. Of course he's in the wrong. Stealing is the worst crime of all - and that includes stealing someone's life.

That's ********, what if someone went for you, you punch them, they smack there head on the ground and die?

Not sure i'd have it in me to stab someone, but i think if someone was in my house i'd have it in me to be throwing windmills with a baseball bat and anything could happen then.

Obviously as I'm a key board warrior, I'd inflict maximum pain with my "street" taught fighting skills.

Obviously I'd tear him a new @rse hole, that goes without saying.

One would rip of his head and do the obligatory "*****" down his neck.

Plus a Chinese rope burn for good measure.

If he nicked my computer though, am then came towards me, i'd say "not the face!"

That's ********, what if someone went for you, you punch them, they smack there head on the ground and die?

Not sure i'd have it in me to stab someone, but i think if someone was in my house i'd have it in me to be throwing windmills with a baseball bat and anything could happen then.

You would be sent down for man slaughter, remember in self defence your only allowed one blow!

I'd stab someone. Wouldn't feel any guilt whatsoever.

There's a big kitchen knife kept in the bedroom at all times. My compassion for human life doesn't really come out when somebody is in Our home, trying to take our possessions, that we've worked for.

Remember that burglary where the burglars tortured the residents with an iron to find out where cash might be? Fluck that!!!

No, I expect some scum bucket breaking into my home to know the risks. Rather them than me. Don't break into my home and you won't get bitten by a bull mastiff or stabbed by a **** scared young man!

There's a big kitchen knife kept in the bedroom at all times. My compassion for human life doesn't really come out when somebody is in Our home, trying to take our possessions, that we've worked for.

Remember that burglary where the burglars tortured the residents with an iron to find out where cash might be? Fluck that!!!

No, I expect some scum bucket breaking into my home to know the risks. Rather them than me. Don't break into my home and you won't get bitten by a bull mastiff or stabbed by a **** scared young man!

Cross Alpha of your list lads.

Cross Alpha of your list lads.

If your saw the story about the burglars with an iron you'd get yourself a useless soft bull mastiff and stick a kitchen knife in sock draw too.

Made me shudder that story.

Naturally I ignore all scary noises for atleast 10 mins though. Then I send the dog to inspect.

The dog understands.

Look at my earlier posts, I basically said it's different when that happens.

Doesn't mean every burglar would torture you though?

And do you have any compassion for human life if you'd kill someone for a TV? #justsaying.

And do you have any compassion for human life if you'd kill someone for a TV? #justsaying.

I honestly would use whatever I first see to injure the person or at least prevent them harming me or my family. If people can't defend themselves then thiefs will take advantage. If I was to kill someone I know it would be an accident, but I'd to have to live with the fact I'd killed someone, thief or no thief.

I find it worrying that people are being charged with murder for defending their homes, but its promising that those which have got to the press so far have been where the 'killer' in question has been released. I'd hate to be burgled and be in a position where I'm scared to defend myself in fear of going to prison.

I agree somethings can't be replaced, but neither can human life. Killing someone is inexcusable. If you do something in "self defence" and end up killing someone, you must have known you were going to cause serious injury, and you therefore deserve the full face of the law.

I'm not siding with the burglar. Of course he's in the wrong. Stealing is the worst crime of all - and that includes stealing someone's life.

I can think of worse one's Duracell - one's in which killing the person responsible is justified. Just my opinion though.

don't fck about....just shoot them

altho having said that....i wondered what would happen if you happened to be round at someones house shagging his wife?

not sure that we want the husband to be able to pretend he found a burglar....

Well if someone's about to kick the **** out of you, that changes things completely, and self-defence is excusable then.

And yes, I would. And I hope I'll never be materialistic enough to attack someone to protect my stuff. Not saying I'd be OK with it, that's different, but I'm not the attacking type.

I'd just like to say in response to this Duracell - I'm not the attacking kind either. I was once flashed by some perv and totally froze with fear. I told my legs to run but they could barely walk. But, if someone wanted to nick something of mine which I hold dear, I would have to stop them, or at least try to. I have some stuff in my house that's worthless to others but to me the sentiment attached to them is priceless. Don't even get me started on protecting our kids.

As to murdering them? If I did, it certainly wouldn't be intentional. Saying that though, who knows what they're capable of when the adrenelin is flowing full pelt?

At what point do you know what your dealing with mate? I just couldn't take the chance. I wouldn't risk my life, my girlfriend or even my dog!! They could have anything on them for all I know.

If it's just a TV why don't they go and get their own like I did? I worked for it. For everything.

For them to think they can take what is mine degrades them to worthless scum in my eyes. That's just my view. My compassion doesn't extend towards these people. Maybe it should, but it just doesn't.

I wouldn't risk MY life for a TV. But by coming into my home and putting myself and my pregnant missus in fear for our lives (which we would be) they are willing to risk their life for it.

That's just me though. I understand Your compassion, it's just not a something I don't have in me. I dont believe that everyone deserves a second chance. I don't believe everyone is equal. I don't believe everyone has good in them. It's just how I see things.

I'm a miserable bugger tbf

At what point do you know what your dealing with mate? I just couldn't take the chance. I wouldn't risk my life, my girlfriend or even my dog!! They could have anything on them for all I know.

If it's just a TV why don't they go and get their own like I did? I worked for it. For everything.

For them to think they can take what is mine degrades them to worthless scum in my eyes. That's just my view. My compassion doesn't extend towards these people. Maybe it should, but it just doesn't.

I wouldn't risk MY life for a TV. But by coming into my home and putting myself and my pregnant missus in fear for our lives (which we would be) they are willing to risk their life for it.

That's just me though. I understand Your compassion, it's just not a something I don't have in me. I dont believe that everyone deserves a second chance. I don't believe everyone is equal. I don't believe everyone has good in them. It's just how I see things.

I'm a miserable bugger tbf

I get what you say, I'm not exactly champion of the burglars, because as I say, stealing is pretty much the worst crime, and most crimes are stealing in one form or another. But most burglars only want your stuff and the first sign they'll see of you, they'll skidaddle. My advice would be atleast let them have a chance to cheese it before stabbing them with a kitchen knife 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I can't expect everyone to be the same as me and I can see why stealing something of yours would make you angry. I just have an "oh well" attitude to life, and whenever I lost a shoe or had a ball nicked at school, I always just presumed someone was putting it to better use than me.

I've had people come into our property. The guy turned out to be a drunk not knowing where he was, but it's a good job we didn't assume he was after my Scalextric set.

Archived