How long before

Boycie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Boyciniho;12730

The red dogs start predicting inflicting some whip ass on us next season?

Got bigger fish to fry than your lot mate!

God your always looking over at the Famous Forest.

Lets look forward to Leeds Newcastle etc etc.

You know we gonna thrash you anyway,

one year on the Fledgling Forest Football Fire into the Famous Premiership!

Originally posted by Red Elvis;12811

Got bigger fish to fry than your lot mate!

God your always looking over at the Famous Forest.

Lets look forward to Leeds Newcastle etc etc.

You know we gonna thrash you anyway,

one year on the Fledgling Forest Football Fire into the Famous Premiership!

Theres optimism, which i would consider for you being a scrape at the bottom of the table again. Then theres just bloody foolishness which you seem to talk a fair bit when trying to predict your clubs doomed fanless boring future.

I have been given a insight into the future, I went to see Septic Peg last night and she pretty much repeated what Matty has said, it's all doom and gloom ahead down the A52 but don't worry as Derby County are on the up.

Oh and she said ignore that Elvis he's just a WUM.

We're on the up, its written in the stars and it was in the tea leafs aswell.

Don't be jealous, join the Flock you know you want to, lifes to short to support dross, I won't accuse you of being a glory supporter for jumping ship.

Forest to finish top 6 - Billy has changed thing round - soup and samdwiches will make all the difference

"We will have soup and sandwiches for our lunch, rather than a three course banquet – I can keep going with examples.

"But that is just opinion.

"Individual players are getting particular types of training.

"We have set in place a very heavy fine for exceeding weight and body fat levels, which will be measured on a regular basis.

"I could go on and I will explain it all properly in the summer."

Of course, the failure to land players in the transfer window is not a complete explanation for why, long before Davies's arrival, Forest found themselves in a struggle for survival.

And Davies himself does not try to gloss over the fact that, at times, simple human error and poor play – among other factors – have been a factor in Forest's struggle for consistency.

"There are a number of issues, I think. Naivety and individual error have cost us dearly. There has also been a little indiscipline and we have worked hard on fitness," said Davies.

"I don't think you can put your finger on one thing that has been a problem for us.

"Every little change we have made has helped us to progress. But we are not finished yet, there is a long way to go."

And, a priority for next season will be to address another of Davies oft repeated mantras – about not putting square pegs in round holes.

"I laugh when I get letters from fans telling me that James Perch is not a midfield player, that Luke Chambers is not a right back," said Davies. "They are telling me things we already know.

"You look at how well they did with James as a full-back and Luke as a centre-half. It is the same with Guy Moussi, we have got to put players in their best position and keep them in the right areas.

"We have to give them the chance to understand what is required in that position rather than having many players in many different positions, as we have done in the past.

"It is nice to have people like Chris Gunter, Perch and Chambers who can play in different positions if you are short of options.

"From time to time you have to utilise that.

"But what we want to do is find the best positions for our players and let them best utilise their attributes by playing there consistently."

For Davies, the summer is unlikely to be a period of rest as he looks to compile a fresh list of transfer targets to add the required depth to his young squad.

Several of the loan signings Forest brought in – such as Dexter Blackstock, Lee Camp, Joel Lynch and, potentially, Gary McSheffrey – are likely to be pursued as permanent additions, while the club may look to bring the likes of Chris Gunter and Paul Anderson back on long-term loan deals.

Whatever happens, Davies will be facing the biggest challenge of his career again.

Because this time the target will not merely be survival, but to challenge for a place among the promotion pack.

Archived