6 New Faces

vicky-27

Derby County manager Nigel Clough says he aims to bring in up to six new faces to Pride Park next season. The Rams secured their Championship status with a 1-0 win over Charlton on Saturday courtesy of a Rob Hulse goal.

Clough told BBC Radio Derby: "There are a lot of players out there who would give a lot to play for Derby County.

"A lot of money was spent in the last 12 months, so we know there's not going to be fortunes but maybe three or four fees and a couple of free transfers."

Clough said it was just as important to trim his squad down ahead of the new season.

The former Burton boss said he was satisfied with his first taste of league management.

"The Chairman said one thing - that was stay in the Championship this season - that was it.

"So, we've achieved that - next season we want to improve in terms of performances, league position and we'll go from there," he said.

Who do you want in ?

Andrew Surman from Southampton is one I would like, will have to think about the others.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone asked if it was true he was looking at bringing him to Derby and he said yes it is true - one of his team-mates has been at Blackpool all season and has done well so there is no reason Jake won't do well at Derby - also said we will have a reserve team of sorts - we will be scouting locally - thinks its crazy all the good young lads get snapped up by Forest, most of the players he want's to offload will be gone asap and the new ones in as soon as possible, should be able to listen to it on-line tommorrow - missed it myself. Oh and Sav is def playing next season

Just read on the DET a Burton fan saying he's out of contract at the end of the season, I must admit it worries me slightly that he's 24 and not made the step up to league football yet, then again Clough has seen him first hand at Burton and if he thinks the lad can do better than the ***** we've got at the moment we have to trust his judgement.

Correct Boycie - he also said Hulse has been playing for 10 games not fit and Porter will be in direct competition with him and he will be playing Steve Davies as a striker, and that Tito is very likely to go - he loves Derby and being here but his wife has gone home and he wants to join her.

As much as I trust Cloughies judgement I hope bloody not, we might aswell start wearing Yellow and call ourselves Burton Albion if we go down that route, we've already got half of Burtons backroom staff we don't want half the squad aswell.

I know what you mean - it's just the way he says things like - there are lot of players who would give an awful lot to play for Derby and the odd one from the conference to sustain us for a season or two - well we shouldn't have to wait long to find out as he recons he will have them tied up pretty quickly.

Archived