Starcraft 2 - anyone play it?

GeneralRam

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my PC could handle it I would! I watch a fair few games cast by Husky on YouTube though.

I take it you play? Me and another poster play Rome:Total War online which is another RTS if you'd be up for playing that, but my laptop will never be able to keep up with Starcraft 2 lol.

Great game though. You play much then?

If my PC could handle it I would! I watch a fair few games cast by Husky on YouTube though.

I take it you play? Me and another poster play Rome:Total War online which is another RTS if you'd be up for playing that, but my laptop will never be able to keep up with Starcraft 2 lol.

Great game though. You play much then?

Yeah I love it. Follow the pro scene and everything - you should maybe look into it, Blizzard games are excellent at be optimized for lower specs. a Pentium 4 with a gig of ram will run the game if you have that.

Yeah I love it. Follow the pro scene and everything - you should maybe look into it, Blizzard games are excellent at be optimized for lower specs. a Pentium 4 with a gig of ram will run the game if you have that.

I've only got my laptop at the moment, I do have a computer but that struggles with Fallout 3 so I don't think it'd manage Starcraft. It looks alright that game, although only 3 factions does limit it a little I think.

Still, if I could run it i'd definitely look into getting it. Wouldn't be able to play it that often but it looks a challenge. Are you a 'pro' player then? Or just enjoy it?

And Derbydan, people make aot of money out of playing this game, they play this game in the day then go out drinking every night! Happy as larry, if you're good enough anyway.

I've only got my laptop at the moment, I do have a computer but that struggles with Fallout 3 so I don't think it'd manage Starcraft. It looks alright that game, although only 3 factions does limit it a little I think.

Still, if I could run it i'd definitely look into getting it. Wouldn't be able to play it that often but it looks a challenge. Are you a 'pro' player then? Or just enjoy it?

And Derbydan, people make aot of money out of playing this game, they play this game in the day then go out drinking every night! Happy as larry, if you're good enough anyway.

Nah no where good enough to become pro! In the top 20% though! 3 factions helps as it keeps the game balanced - unlike other RTS games which might not have a faction played due to them being crap. If your computer can run Fallout 3 - it will for sure run SC2.

Nah no where good enough to become pro! In the top 20% though! 3 factions helps as it keeps the game balanced - unlike other RTS games which might not have a faction played due to them being crap. If your computer can run Fallout 3 - it will for sure run SC2.

Might look into that then when i've got a bit more money :) And nice! Still a good effort that is. Not sure i'd be much good, i'm decent with strategy games but it's usually armies I like commanding, rather than the insane micro-ing that those Koreans do!

Not sure i'd enjoy it when playing online, but at the very least it's worth a go.

Either of you ever played League of legends? Free online downloaded game. It's massive these days and one hell of a game.

Couldn't get into it pal, fun but I can't be spending that many hours on it to get as good as some of the others on there.

Looked very good though, I had to do an article on the pre-production of some of the games features for an online site. Good game, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm really into at the moment. It's improved no end since they've added servers so there's no log in time. They also update weekly and there's almost a brand new champion (character) added every month. Unbelievable support for a completely free game, especially one which paying for stuff doesnt really hinder the ones that don't.

Enjoy it while you can, most games sell out when they know they'll get enough cash from it. It happened to my favourite online shooter, Wolfteam.

I was 'pro' at that game, if you can call being nerdy enough to get pretty good 'pro'. I was invited out to Seattle for a fan arranged tournament (never happened, but still) and the game was great. Cash items in there but you could still be hitting very good k/ds with a normal setup.

Left the game for a year, came back, and now the 'pro' players are just very rich people who can buy the armour/characters/weapons etc. The game is a joke, and it was one of the best free fps games around.

So enjoy 'LoL' while you can, as at some point they're going sell out something drastic. Still, great game as it is :)

Doesn't look like they're planning to any time soon. They are just about to release a new game mode called Dominion, which looks like a zone control game with less time "laning" which should be quality.

I would have no problems paying for this game either, it's far better than a lot of games you pay for.

Fancy training me up? Platinum 1v1 Zerg here - bordering on Diamond.

To be honest i'm not sure how valuable i'd be but we could have a few 1v1's if i'm on. ZvZ is an odd matchup but my Terran and Protoss are pretty decent too.

I started in Bronze so I know all the leagues well, Platinum is all about Fast expanding, droning like mad then switching to all out aggression when you think your going to be attacked, every larvae spent on a unit could be a drone.

i'm such a geek

add me, Shottaz 771

To be honest i'm not sure how valuable i'd be but we could have a few 1v1's if i'm on. ZvZ is an odd matchup but my Terran and Protoss are pretty decent too.

I started in Bronze so I know all the leagues well, Platinum is all about Fast expanding, droning like mad then switching to all out aggression when you think your going to be attacked, every larvae spent on a unit could be a drone.

i'm such a geek

add me, Shottaz 771

Will do later mate! ZvZ is a horrible matchup - I hate it! Been working on my new build, that delays gas for quite a while but I manage 3 bases in under 5 min. allows me to get a massive amount of lings out in a tiny space of time if any pressure comes. Obviously it doesn't work in ZvZ but against T and P it usually works very well.

It's a good job I don't have the game, i'd probably go Zerg too :o Watched a guy win against decent players by just using Queens and the little ******** that I can't remember the name for.

Just pushed further and further up the map, covering it in the zerg slime, and the other guy just couldn't combat it. Looked very impressive, and somewhat of a mindf*ck for the other guy :D

It's a good job I don't have the game, i'd probably go Zerg too :o Watched a guy win against decent players by just using Queens and the little ******** that I can't remember the name for.

Just pushed further and further up the map, covering it in the zerg slime, and the other guy just couldn't combat it. Looked very impressive, and somewhat of a mindf*ck for the other guy :D

Just get it.... Your computer can run it ;}

Archived