Let's Talk al-Notts Rovers

Day

Yeah he's a quality centre back isn't he. Hang on....

It's the best bit of PR our owners could have done. Besides, it's not deadline day, it's not like we've got hours to sign a load of defenders. Our owners have said to expect more players to sign this week.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the best bit of PR our owners could have done. Besides, it's not deadline day, it's not like we've got hours to sign a load of defenders. Our owners have said to expect more players to sign this week.

I noticed some Arab tweeted about the signing and referred to you as Nottingham. He doesn't even know the full team name!

He's a good player, and he's already been there before with SoD so it's not like a brand new signing in that there shouldn't be any teething difficulties. All that being said though....don't you guy's really, REALLY need some defenders???

Thought that would be the priority, but I guess this is a signing that get's all Forest fan's back onside.

Having had a glance at a forest forum, they seem to be on a weird rollercoaster of emotion.

"Oh god why haven't we got a manager!?!"

"Oh god why did big Mick turn us down!?!"

"Iconic!?! SoD!?! What's going on!?!"

"OH WOW WE SIGNED A PLAYER WHO LOOKED PRETTY GOOD LAST YEAR AND WASN'T WANTED BY WOLVES!!!! PREMIER LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!!!"

Plus there's 1 or 2 sensible people but y'know, there's no fun in reading there post's.

Having had a glance at a forest forum, they seem to be on a weird rollercoaster of emotion.

"Oh god why haven't we got a manager!?!"

"Oh god why did big Mick turn us down!?!"

"Iconic!?! SoD!?! What's going on!?!"

"OH WOW WE SIGNED A PLAYER WHO LOOKED PRETTY GOOD LAST YEAR AND WASN'T WANTED BY WOLVES!!!! PREMIER LEAGUE HERE WE COME!!!!!!"

Plus there's 1 or 2 sensible people but y'know, there's no fun in reading there post's.

Then why are you?

Heaven forbid us having some optimism after signing a player of obvious quality.

Hey I think it's a good signing, and I imagine you do too right??

Anyway I just went over there to see what reaction to the whole ownership/takeover/new manager saga was and was quite amused by some of the extreme reaction's over there. Christ you've been here long enough to know it's exactly the same here, and on every football club's forum's I imagine, and when seen from the other side it can be funny.

I guess a lot of Forest fan's found it pretty amusing when we sold Shackell, the completely over the top reactions "What are we doing!?! Yanks out!!!" etc....

Anyway like I said he's a good signing and it get's the fan's back on there side, now you need some defenders before your preseason fixture's start else the doom merchants will come back out to play.

I like your lot being optimistic Dawnie.

I remember when we'd been promoted to the Premier League under Davros, we played your lot in a pre-season friendly. Think you were still in the third tier at the time. It was a terrible game, we expected to win, you expected to lose, which is exactly what happened. From memory I don't think we even bothered having too much banter about it.

Much better when you think you're in with a shot. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Think they realistically need two experienced centre Halfs then the young full backs should be alright with their support. If it were us that is the minimum I would want for the start of the season.

But it still would only have 5 defenders with no depth for injury/suspension.

I like your lot being optimistic Dawnie.

I remember when we'd been promoted to the Premier League under Davros, we played your lot in a pre-season friendly. Think you were still in the third tier at the time. It was a terrible game, we expected to win, you expected to lose, which is exactly what happened. From memory I don't think we even bothered having too much banter about it.

Much better when you think you're in with a shot. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I don't even remember that game. Kind f highlights your point

Archived