Rams skipper has sympathy for the fans

Day

CAPTAIN Paul Connolly says he could not blame Derby County fans for turning on their team towards the end of last night’s home defeat by Reading.

Some sections of the 31,345 crowd booed the Rams in the closing stages of the 2-0 defeat at Pride Park after second-half goals from Dave Kitson and Shane Long had sent Nigel Clough’s men to their fourth loss in five games.

“The fans have been brilliant this season,†said Connolly. "They turned on us a bit in the last five or 10 minutes but so they should. It wasn’t good enough.

"It was a story of two halves. In the first half, we matched them and probably looked the better team but, in the second half, it went to pot.

"They took over and kept hitting us on the break.

“In this league, the first goal is vital. They scored it and ended up winning the game because of it.â€Â

I'm sorry but I don't want sympathy from the players, I want them to go out and play football.

I want the defenders to actually do what they are paid to do, defend!, they are not 17 year olds learning there trade that you expect to make mistakes, they have been playing football at this level for a few years now.

I want them to stop making the same cock ups which they are repeating each week that is costing us points and most of all I want 3 f'in points on Saturday against Charlton, is that too much to ask?.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the long and short of it david seems pretty obvious m8,

we just aint good enough full stop.

it seems like we have a team that can only turn it on every now and again!

lets hope clough gets some new young blood in the closed season and gets shut of the ***** that we have at present,

proud to be a ram .

Originally posted by David;11560

Vicky you don't have Cloughies number do you? I've found something that he may find interesting that he can use in training.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsHs4dW4pNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsHs4dW4pNY

are we that bad that we need yanks to tell us how to play the game!!

christ on a bike, football in america isn't as good as parks football over here, despite what that tw*t Beckham says

Originally posted by rams71;11675

christ on a bike, football in america isn't as good as parks football over here, despite what that tw*t Beckham says

I think it was meant to show how bad our defenders are, they're worse than Spam schoolgirls!:eek:

Originally posted by rams71;11675

Classic!

Archived