Is it true?

WorksopRam

Since everyone seems to be saying what they will be/are doing/ have done thought I'd join in with the masterplan, Study Accountancy at Lancaster, second year in Canada. hit up America to do my masters, not just great for education but think of the contacts. My dream job would probably be running a big English or American sports team. New York Knicks, Derby County, that sort of thing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just completed my first year of uni, spent a year going out getting p*ssed and dossing around basically, loved every second of it, feel quite sad now im back home. My degree isnt much good, dont really enjoy it and havent put enough work into it, will have to next year. Life's there to enjoy, im enjoying it.

Im not like Bris, dont like flying which puts me off the travelling and like being close to my family.

Just completed my first year of uni, spent a year going out getting p*ssed and dossing around basically, loved every second of it, feel quite sad now im back home. My degree isnt much good, dont really enjoy it and havent put enough work into it, will have to next year. Life's there to enjoy, im enjoying it.

Love this bit mate!

Just out of curiousity, how do they work it out with exchange rate and stuff?

They wanted me to send them pay slips so I sent them some in Japanese. I told them roughly how much I earned. They then took me by my word and sent me details of how much they wanted me to pay back per month.

They wanted me to send them pay slips so I sent them some in Japanese. I told them roughly how much I earned. They then took me by my word and sent me details of how much they wanted me to pay back per month.

Oh right, was it still relatively low payments though, ticking along at a steady rate? Unless you wanted to pay more, of course.

Oh right, was it still relatively low payments though, ticking along at a steady rate? Unless you wanted to pay more, of course.

It's calculated at 9% of any earnings over £15,000 per annum.

So if you make £25,000 a year you'll pay back 9% of £10,000 a year so £900 a year or £75 a month.

The student loan can not be regarded as a debt. If you apply for a mortgage or a loan of any kind, your student loan cannot be factored in. It is not a debt (although to all intensive purpose it is exactly that).

So if you make £25,000 a year you'll pay back 9% of £10,000 a year so £900 a year or £75 a month.

The student loan can not be regarded as a debt. If you apply for a mortgage or a loan of any kind, your student loan cannot be factored in. It is not a debt (although to all intensive purpose it is exactly that).

Cheers for that, pal.

I just consider it like an extra tax. It's only fair really. To me debt is credit cards, overdrafts, mortgages etc because that kind of debt won't be forgiven if you're not earning much money and if you die someone's still got to pay it back.

Where's Bris gone?

I'm here, I had to nip off and teach for the afternoon..

I agree with Joe, ignore what I said before, if you're set on going to uni and are sure in what you want to do by all means do it.. There isn't a right nor a wrong way to lead your life and the decisions you make are only good decisions if you make them good decisions and whatever you do, enjoy yourself! My facebook is clogged up with uni students who do nothing but complain, miserable gits!

Mcsilks did you go off to Asia with work? Or are your family from there? Are you even English? Just out of curiosity.. My brother has just taken an engineering job out in China, goes out in a couple months.. My parents must have be loving it, I haven't been in The UK for 2 years and with my brother leaving they'll have tonnes of time to go on holidays and stuff like that..

As for flying East KentRam, I hate it too.. That's why I took a 36 hour train from Vancouver to LA, before a 6 hour bus journey to cross the border into Tijuana, and then another 24 hour bus journey to where I am now.. I couldn't feel my legs after that slog!

One more time, good luck to the uni students.. Hope it all works out.

I'm here, I had to nip off and teach for the afternoon..

I agree with Joe, ignore what I said before, if you're set on going to uni and are sure in what you want to do by all means do it.. There isn't a right nor a wrong way to lead your life and the decisions you make are only good decisions if you make them good decisions and whatever you do, enjoy yourself! My facebook is clogged up with uni students who do nothing but complain, miserable gits!

Mcsilks did you go off to Asia with work? Or are your family from there? Are you even English? Just out of curiosity.. My brother has just taken an engineering job out in China, goes out in a couple months.. My parents must have be loving it, I haven't been in The UK for 2 years and with my brother leaving they'll have tonnes of time to go on holidays and stuff like that..

As for flying East KentRam, I hate it too.. That's why I took a 36 hour train from Vancouver to LA, before a 6 hour bus journey to cross the border into Tijuana, and then another 24 hour bus journey to where I am now.. I couldn't feel my legs after that slog!

One more time, good luck to the uni students.. Hope it all works out.

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

What's Vancouver like, how long were you there for and did you get to see much else of British Columbia?

Cheers mate, appreciate it.

What's Vancouver like, how long were you there for and did you get to see much else of British Columbia?

I was there for a year, worked like crazy but manage to land some pretty sweet jobs.. (I was an office installer) landed a job at EA Sports for 3 months reconstructing their storage area, though for half the day I was testing the new video games such as the new FIFAs and NHL games..

Vancouver itself is beautiful, but it rains so much (more so than England) and it can get very dull.. The summers are amazing though (very warm), with the fresh green mountains surrounding the city there isn't many places that have a better 'summer feel' to it.. Theres a guy that posts on here from British Columbia that would probably back this up..

I didn't see much else, Vanc Island, Whisler, Chilawack, Northern Coastline but all mainly with work really.. But the drive from Vancouver to Whistler on a warm clear day is incredible.. It's just a 2 hour drive with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other with a great view of a chain of small islands, incredible really..

There was a poster who said he was interested in going to Canada, was it you Worksop?

I was there for a year, worked like crazy but manage to land some pretty sweet jobs.. (I was an office installer) landed a job at EA Sports for 3 months reconstructing their storage area, though for half the day I was testing the new video games such as the new FIFAs and NHL games..

Vancouver itself is beautiful, but it rains so much (more so than England) and it can get very dull.. The summers are amazing though (very warm), with the fresh green mountains surrounding the city there isn't many places that have a better 'summer feel' to it.. Theres a guy that posts on here from British Columbia that would probably back this up..

I didn't see much else, Vanc Island, Whisler, Chilawack, Northern Coastline but all mainly with work really.. But the drive from Vancouver to Whistler on a warm clear day is incredible.. It's just a 2 hour drive with the mountains on one side and the ocean on the other with a great view of a chain of small islands, incredible really..

There was a poster who said he was interested in going to Canada, was it you Worksop?

Sounds spot on.

Might have been me, I think I've mentioned it on here before, it's definitely something I'm thinking about within the next few years.

Archived