4 years on

Saunders89

Well what a difference 4 years makes, we set off with high hopes and had one of the best days ever. The problem is the Premiership is so rich now it's getting harder and harder to stay in it, whoever wins today will no doubt struggle and return next season to the CCC (with the exception of mega rich QPR), dare i say it but the feat Cloughie did up the road will never ever be repeated, personally i'd like to see a European super league now to give the "poorer" teams a chance because now City have been given pot loads of money, there is no chance of repeating what Arthur did for us and getting a top 5 finish.

Stories of our day out in 2007 welcome....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what a day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing the Baggies half of the stadium empty after the final whistle was just brilliant.

Listening to them moaning on the radio how the best team lost (never did understand that one)

Passing a forest supporter's car on the M1 coming back - PRICELESS.

Second best day of my life, behind 95/6 promotion day. Drove down and parked at Stanmore, down to Baker Street and up again for the match.

Cried when we came out the tunnel, which was a little embarrassing. Don't know what came over me.

Were any of you stood outside the Friary after kicking out time, singing? An intensely happy memory that I'll take with me to the grave.

I couldnt get,shocking i know.Pre-booked family holiday,flew out gatwick on the day.Watched it at the airport before flying out,surreal atmosphere,sound just audible from the screen,then we scored and 4 tables go up going ram-mad....needless to say we all had plenty of extra celebratory fluid!!!!! Quality day without being there....got the re-run on resort 2 days after whilst out there...2 florist scum (( in the complex giving me that sheepish look(pun intended)......my kids said we werent that loud ?????!!! he he

Second best day of my life, behind 95/6 promotion day. Drove down and parked at Stanmore, down to Baker Street and up again for the match.

Cried when we came out the tunnel, which was a little embarrassing. Don't know what came over me.

Were any of you stood outside the Friary after kicking out time, singing? An intensely happy memory that I'll take with me to the grave.

we got a minibus and parked it at Stanmore, leaving Wembley was an experience i'll never forgot, Rams fans in full voice in the drizzle....priceless!

I was in the friary but the only thing I can remember was struggling to get back to burton in a very drunken state having lost my wallet, phone dying and somehow losing all the mates I was with.... still worth it

I live near Watford so went to Wembley via Uxbridge and came back on the tube with loads of WBA fans three of which had travelled on the same train to the stadium.They were a lot quieter coming back:p. I was sorry that the journey was only twenty minutes;).Most were too pig sick to say much,but were generally pretty decent.

Archived